Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Sharing desktop Internet over USB?

  1. #1
    Default Sharing desktop Internet over USB?
    I haven't always got a WiFi network around, and I definitely don't want to use the slow and expensive GPRS connection. Is there any way to connect the iPhone to my desktop over USB, and have it use the desktop's internet connection?

  2. #2
    I have the same problem. Can somebody slowly explain how can i get internet in my iphone with laptop with wifi and ad-hoc?

  3. #3
    Hang on there - I was referring to Internet over USB, like the old Palms used to do. WiFi isn't an option in my case. For WiFi ad-hoc, I found this link after a quick google search:
    http://www.peterstagg.com/index.php/?p=186

  4. #4
    im with win xp ://

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lonevvolf View Post
    Hang on there - I was referring to Internet over USB, like the old Palms used to do. WiFi isn't an option in my case. For WiFi ad-hoc, I found this link after a quick google search:
    http://www.peterstagg.com/index.php/?p=186
    Was that for his problem or yours? The ability to share your internet connection via WiFi is built right into OSX. Under the Sharing and Network preference tabs.

    I haven't heard of a program that shares internet connections via USB, just Ethernet. Worth a look though.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

  6. #6
    yes mine prob i tried a lot of ways to connect my pc via iphone with wifi but internet in iphone just doesnt apear.

    havent anyone tried this?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Was that for his problem or yours? The ability to share your internet connection via WiFi is built right into OSX. Under the Sharing and Network preference tabs.

    I haven't heard of a program that shares internet connections via USB, just Ethernet. Worth a look though.
    the idea for a palm/windows mobile device dock station was to save battery life but connect to the internet through pc host while being charged. it'll help all those that dont have a wifi
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
    the idea for a palm/windows mobile device dock station was to save battery life but connect to the internet through pc host while being charged. it'll help all those that dont have a wifi
    Exactly. That's what I'm looking for, but I think there's no way to do it at the moment.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lonevvolf View Post
    Exactly. That's what I'm looking for, but I think there's no way to do it at the moment.
    nop and i think it would be really difficult to be done
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

  10. #10
    Any update on this?

    I'd love to be able to share my MBP's wifi internet connection to my iPhone via USB since my iPhone's wifi antenna is damaged and can only get a wifi signal within 5 feet of a wifi router.

    Mac OS X also won't let you share a wifi internet connection through an ad hoc wifi connection using the same airport. If there is a way to do that, that would also be another solution.

    Thanks!

  11. #11
    connecting to pc through wifi is not a very difficult part. there are lots of software can be used like "connectify me" and many more but i need to know is there any way to do the same job with usb cable i mean without any wifi connectivity??????
    I need to know this?
    so there is no research or technology to find the way out yet??? if there is any technique pls post it for general advantage. what did the dev team did regarding this issue????????????????????

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •