• Third Party Utilities

54 67.50%
  • Development

13 16.25%
  • Just Because You Can

40 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why do you jailbreak??

Thanks

You left out the biggest reason:

In order to unlock your iPhone 3G to use with any carrier, you have to jailbreak and activate your iPhone 3G first.

And, features Apples doesn't approve or has left out like video recorder, memory management (MemTool, SBSettings), Winterboard, etc, etc, etc.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Thanks

Differentiation. Ever since the iPhone was subsidized, everyone has one nd it will only get worse. Winterboard/themes are the only way to make it noticeably different.
    Respect your elders.

i jailbroke for the themes originally, but now its more the freedom to install apps etc that i want not that apple have said are ok. its MY phone, i pay for it so why cant i choose?

for SBSetting, SupremePrefs and something as simple as a ringtone shuffler(ToneFXs)

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoemocker View Post
    I jailbreak so I can download "almost" every application I want from the AppStore for free! =)
    OOOO, I'm telling...

^^^lol
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    OOOO, I'm telling...
    lol

To "test apps before I buy" also because I ain't on A T & T

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

The history of Jailbreaking is similar to the history of NASCAR in the respect that the end result wasn't exactly the beginning intention.

NASCAR was never a race, it was designed from whiskey runners practicing their skills to outrun the law. We ended up with a sport.

Jailbreaking as we know it today was never the direct goal, it was originally necessary to unlock the baseband and be used on other networks. We get the benefit of being able to manipulate the phone in other ways by jailbreaking it.

As the firmware changes, the reasons to do it will change if you are an app junkie, but for the unlockers, it's all just a bonus.

I didn't really jailbreak on my 3G because i noticed it had a huge impact on my ram. But now with double the ram that issue is non existent and i couldn't go back to a non-jailbroken iPhone due to the many awesome jailbroken apps. SBsettings, Inspell, Winterboard (not really for theming but for things like supreme preferences), iRealQuickSMS, MxTube, Lockdown, Five Icon Dock, etc. The list goes on and on.
    Last edited by gladesmellzgood; 2009-07-17 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Added some more stuff

Thanks

I don't particularly like buying an item and then being limited as to what I am allowed to do with it,, i.e. I paid for it I wanna bugger around with it
    You have nothing to fear from my base instincts, itís my finer ones that tell me to kill you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12