Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3G wont recieve calls

Default iphone 3G wont recieve calls
    Hi there i have an apple iphone 3G 16gb its updated to 3.0 firmware and everything works as it should however it just wont recieve calls, everytime i try to call it it just says the person you are trying to call is unavailable, the phone will call out and recieve texts so im assuming will send texts aswell but for some reason wont accept incoming calls? I have both an 8gb 3G and a 16gb 3G and have exactly the same problem with both phones, has anyone or is anyone experiencing similar problems? And can anyone help???? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H24k View Post
    Hi there i have an apple iphone 3G 16gb its updated to 3.0 firmware and everything works as it should however it just wont recieve calls
    I had the exact same problem with my 3G too. Never had a single issue with my phone until i update to 3.0. I updated last night, no issues with the update. I recieved a few calls on my phone on the the way to work this morning. Then after leaving work I recieved no calls (didn't show in the recents nor did it ring) but within an hour I suddenly had 5 voicemail. I can't say when my problem started as I am not able to use my cell phone where I work because of security issues. I called apple and they were of no help.

I did two things and it SEEMS that my phone is working correctly now. I went into "airplane mode", shutdown Wi-Fi access, then came out of "airplane mode" and had three different people call me. I got those calls immediately. I talked to a techie at my apple store and he suggested powering down and powering back up.

Hope this helps. Post back if you found out anything on this subject.