Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems from 2.2.1 JB to 3.0

Default Problems from 2.2.1 JB to 3.0
    i previously had a 2.2.1 JB iphone 3G, and just updated it to 3.0. i noticed two problems so far:
    the battery isn't charging
    wifi is staying on, permenantly (doesn't turn off when the screen goes out)

for the wifi part, i'm just wondering is this a new feature where apple wants you to be able to connected forever or is it because i was running keepawake prior to upgraded 3.0 and it didn't get wiped when i restored the iphone.

my steps in upgrading.. were.. first upgraded, then restore, then i restored again to see if it would go away, it didn't.

were you using any apps like bossprefs or sbsettings on 2.2.1, your better of using the reset feature before doing a full restore, check thebigboss.org for help
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

bimmer91 (2009-06-18)

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    were you using any apps like bossprefs or sbsettings on 2.2.1, your better of using the reset feature before doing a full restore, check thebigboss.org for help
    thanks,

yea, i was using sbsettings prior to the upgrade. the problem is still there though? i upgraded to 3.0, i know i'm a noob, but then it says at the bottom of the page if you restore your iphone, it should fix all those problems? i restored my phone twice? i thought when you restore, everything is wiped to factory settings and files?

and what's the reset feature?
    Last edited by bimmer91; 2009-06-18 at 07:26 PM.

Put the iphone in DFU mode before you restore that should do the trick, the reset should have been used before you restored first time so no good now.
    DFU mode is entered by connecting the iphone to the pc, switch the phone off, hold power and home for 10 seconds (use a watch)and release power but continue to hold home. The screen should stay blank but the pc should detect dfu mode you can then use iTunes restore again. timing is vital if you dont get into DFU try 9 seconds

a word of warning, make sure you have fully charged the iphone from mains outlet before you try this
    Last edited by ericidle; 2009-06-18 at 07:36 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

bimmer91 (2009-06-18)

My Wifi doesn't turn off either. Did you figure out what's going on?
    -J