Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you search webpages in 3.0?

Question Can you search webpages in 3.0?
    I was kind of psyched to upgrade to 3.0, but honestly I'm worried about it breaking other apps that I frequently use from cydia (or possibly slowing the phone down... with some of the 'enhancements' I have a feeling that it will eat more memory)

with that said, if you cannot search a page in safari I'll probably hold off on upgrading for a while but I cannot find a concrete answer on this... everything I've read says that you can search email/text messages/apps (which is fine I suppose), but haven't read anything that mentions safari.

Can anyone verify this one way or another?

thanks in advance

Upgrading wouldn't work out for you just yet either because you mentioned you like to use cydia apps. The jailbreak hasn't been released yet.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DL944812627 For This Useful Post:

qwerty30 (2009-06-18)

yeah, that too (it's 'supposed' to be coming out tomorrow isn't it?)

with that said, can you search webpages for specific keywords with spotlight? (control + F in most browsers/word processors)
    Last edited by qwerty30; 2009-06-18 at 03:14 PM.

My boss upgraded his 3G to 3.0 (he is locked to certain carrier)...but i didn't see "Spotlight" app on his springboard....now don't tell me spotlight is only for 3GS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ankit_jedi View Post
    My boss upgraded his 3G to 3.0 (he is locked to certain carrier)...but i didn't see "Spotlight" app on his springboard....now don't tell me spotlight is only for 3GS!!!!!!
    you have to double tap the home button I believe. Someone else that actually has the firmware could probably confirm that