Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: stupid iphone prob - need big ask help :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default stupid iphone prob - need big ask help :-)
    I have a week 34 iphone
    KEEPS crashing .rebooting. etc etc..
    I've tried restoring to 1.0.2, then 1.1.1, then 1.1.2, then 1.1.3 then 1.1.4 and using ziphone to unlock - works fine, then just freezes everyonce in a while.
    I don't have original box (have a refurb box) and have all parts.
    Just wondering if somehow anyone out there is USA land could give me some assistance with maybe returning it to apple and getting a replacement or something... Just sick of it at the moment..
    Please PM me and we can go through the details as to how to approach this..
    ps. yes I've reviginized it so many times, i've re-written the word VIRGIN..
    Thanks

btw: I'm in Australia :-)
    Last edited by renzo75; 2008-03-12 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Let u guys know I'm an aussie
    Unable to restore signature. Error (1015)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

can you not try and take it back without the box, just tell them you have thrown it away or somat, if you paid via card for the phone they will have records on there system that you own the phone, surely they should be able to swap it without a box.

Does it freeze with a clean install nothing installed via installer, if you have been installing stuff maybe thats causing your iphoine to crash. sorry if its not been any help, but sometimes the basic's are the best way to go.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    can you not try and take it back without the box, just tell them you have thrown it away or somat, if you paid via card for the phone they will have records on there system that you own the phone, surely they should be able to swap it without a box.

Does it freeze with a clean install nothing installed via installer, if you have been installing stuff maybe thats causing your iphoine to crash. sorry if its not been any help, but sometimes the basic's are the best way to go.
    yes - clean install it still freezes... done basic install and installed nothing else..

btw: Can't take it back as I'm in Australia :-( Stupid aussies... :-)

but thanks for your suggestions... and no didn't buy off ebay.. off a guy in the USA I knew, and now lost his phone number, email address etc as I've reformatted my computer and not kept info :-=( (yerh I know.. stupid aussies) :-(
    Unable to restore signature. Error (1015)