Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen Mirroring

Default Screen Mirroring
    Does anyone know or can point me towards some information on screen mirroring on the iPhone and iPods? I'm trying setup a system with a projector that I can use to demo software on a big screen. I'm going to be pairing it up with the AAXA P1 Pico Projector:

I understand that screen mirror is currently considered a hack and is still under development. Are there any updates on this or any news of Apple supporting this feature in the future? It's one of the few things that the Zune and PSP offer that Apple doesn't.

Any info would be appreciated!

for the projector jargon incoherent could you plz explain 'screen mirroring'?

To me more clear, I'm looking to do something like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1w9L4qC928]YouTube - Veency Remote Desktop Server for iPhone (VNC)[/ame]

Except "kinda" in reverse... where I'm still using the iPod as the user interface but everything shown on the iPod screen is outputted to the AAXA P1.

Any ideas? Please?

Thanks

You need the official Apple ipod to composite lead. This natively works with YouTube + Videos in the iPhones iPod. I got one off ebay for just over 20.

To get it to work with the whole iPhone (mirroring), then you need to download ScreenSplitr from Cydia. With the 3G the output is flaky with anything other than youtube/videos on your iPod.

The performance of the 3Gs might be better?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

ya what he said, but i would think the projector has an appp fot it from the image?

The AAXA P1 doesn't have a specific app built-in to allow non-standard video output from the iPod/iPhone (only videos and images from the media player) like with any other type of display.

Someone has mentioned an app from Cydia called ScreenSpltr... any experiences with it?

Thanks

Yep, i used it with the video out lead.

The performance using the 3G with apps OTHER than videos in the iPod or YouTube where glitchy, flaky and not really usable.

If you where to reencode your movie/ you buy your movies from iTunes already and then you sync them to your iPhone in iTunes you will be fine using screensplitr.

To demo software using screensplitr i would expect glitchy, flaky playback. My friend has the new 3Gs. When it is jailbroken i will test it. Would expect much smoother playback from the 3Gs
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker