Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with hidden icons

Default Help with hidden icons
    So I am a complete idiot and was experimenting with removing cydia apps (I have been trying DESPERATLY to permanetly free up some ram on my phone) and removed sbsettings to experiment and see how much ram it was using. Well thats all good and well but I had Cydia and Settings on the dang sbsettings dock.... So now I have no access to Cydia OR Settings. I know all I have to do to unhide everything I have done is access settings and toggle "Restrictions" on/off, but how can I get into settings?

One idea I had for accessing settings without actually clicking the app was to try to find my location and then it tells me I have to enable location services, well when it does that it gives you the option to click settings and takes you right into settings. Is there anyway to access settings through safari or some other app?

*I already know I can unhide settings through SSH, but I am at work and don't have access to SSH right now*

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    One idea I had for accessing settings without actually clicking the app was to try to find my location and then it tells me I have to enable location services, well when it does that it gives you the option to click settings and takes you right into settings?
    I just tried that and it will work..

Good luck and thanks for that lil tip....
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Oh. I failed to mention that my location services ARE enabled so it never gives me that prompt. Also, since I cant access settings or sbsettings, I can not tell what IP my phone is connect on and therefore can not access through SSH. Also MobileFinder is hidden as well. Is there anything I can do short of restoring?

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

disk aid will work over usb no wifi needed...
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Isn't Disk Aid for mac only? I have iphonebrowser too if I can use that. Although I dont know what I would do once I got in. I was originally going to SSH in and use the get-app command to install quickgold. So I wouldnt know what to do with Disk Aid.

Another thing I was considering is hooking up my iPod charger. I believe this will offer me to put the phone into airplane mode, and then I can try to place a call and the phone should notify me that it is in Airplane mode and offer me the settings button there.

**EDIT**

That wont work I just tried it on a co workers phone and it doesnt give you a shortcut into the settings app, it only gives you the option to disable it right there. I thought they enabled local file browsing through safari (file://) wouldnt that allow me to browse/edit the file system? I just need to access settings!!!!

ANY OTHER SHORTCUT INTO SETTINGS.APP?

Looks like I will be deleting the "var/mobile/library/preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist" This seems to be my only hope. Anyone reccomend NOT doing this?

Ok so I deleted the plist file mentioned above. This unhid most apps but NOT settings and Cydia LOL But what it did unhide was mobile finder, so I just launched Cydia from mobile finder and re-installed sbsettings. Problem fixed!!!
    Last edited by seh6183; 2009-06-17 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost