Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make the iPhone CPU faster via Pwnage

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Default Make the iPhone CPU faster via Pwnage
    It's possible to adjust clock and FSB speed via software. Apple did it going from firmware 1.1.1 to 1.2. I wonder if the Dev-Team could build in a tool to adjust these speeds when building a custom firmware...

iPhone 1.1.2 update boosts clock speed | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

good observation and idea.

would overclocking put the iphone at risk? anyone know the max possible mhz the iphone can be pushed up to? maybe we could find a safe number if we knew what overdoing it would be lol
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

You mean put it running like the Touch 2g processor? It might get alot of heat, and battery life would surely suck. But it would be nice to have a SBSettings toggle for turbo mode

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got a lot of OC experience with computers. But honestly, I don't think it'd be to smart to do it with the iPhone. When you OC the processor run at a higher voltage first drawing more power and lowering battery life. And second, generating a lot more heat which could in turn result in the "temperature warning" screen we saw a few posts back and possible processor damage. I've done my share of frying a few in my day. That's why overclockers build cooling systems that use either a monster fan or a refridgerant system.
    It could be cool to have a faster phone but I doubt the risk.
    Just my 2 cents. If anyone does have succes with it def let me know how it works out. That is a hobby of mine.
    "More Power"

Well it wouldn't technically be overclocking since the processors come de-clocked. I just want my 650mhz that my processor was made for.

What do you guys think of this?

[ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99188]Overclocking iphone or ipod touch for - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]

What do you guys think of this?

[ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99188]Overclocking iphone or ipod touch for - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]
    Last edited by seh6183; 2009-06-17 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So am I gonna be the first one to take a stab at overclocking my phone?

I say do it! Overclock the mofo!
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Let us know the results.

Any updates??? Has anyone enlisted the help of saurik or the Dev team???

Might be useful for 3G owners I'd prefer underclocking, to be honest... anything to save battery life!

I just think it would be nice to have a toggle for when the phone is running slowly but I know I have access to outlets soon and no worries abut power. Imagine a nice turbo mode toggle on SBS.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

+1^^^. Now that the perfect solution. TurboMode