Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Btooth & MMS on iPhone 2G

Default Btooth & MMS on iPhone 2G
    I know that the enhanced btooth and MMS feautres will come to 3G and 3Gs with O.S. 3.0 but not to iPhone 2G "due to hardware limitations" . Since most low budget phones are capable to send MMS and use btooth, I dont believe that iphone 2G has any hardware limitation.

Do u guys think these features will/can be enabled by the Dev team like they did the unlock/jailbreak solutions? What r ur thoughts?

Thanks

how can it be hardware limitations when we can get swirly mms to work with no problems?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

someone will figure it out

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

duh, SwirlyMMS and iBluetooth FTW
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

When Apple say "Hardware Limiltations" on the 2g iphones what they mean is we don't make any extra cash from people hanging onto 2 year old handsets, so to encourage them to upgrade we'll code out the new features. On a 2g iphone Swirley MMS works fine (has for me for a year), and so does tethering with pda net. Bluetooth, fair game it could be a bit rubbish on the 2g I don't know, but basically 2g iphone can handle all the features a 3g can, but Apple chose to not put them in the 2g firmware to encourage upgrade. Also 2g and 3g can handle video recording (I have used cycorder and iphone video recorder for some time now) but Apple claim only the new 3GS can do video (again to encourage upgrade the software is not available for earlier iphones)

Don't get me wrong, I am a complete iPhone addict, I have a good selection of devices and encourage friends and family to upgrade to them. What I find distasteful is the fact Apple hide behind smoke and mirrors claiming earlier hardware can not handle new features when it obviously can, and what they really want is for you to pay more money for the newer model. From a business aspect this makes sense, it means a constant sale of new hardware, but to me it also stinks of the emperors new clothes.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

mms works on 2.0 now!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Its half way working, We got send and recieve working but the resolution still sucks