Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS - Where to buy / Line up to get one

Default 3GS - Where to buy / Line up to get one
    Sorry if this has already been done.. But I have been trying to figure out when I need to line up to be sure I get one on Friday and where I should go to get it.

I am new to this lining up thing so bare with me.

So I live in Columbus, OH and we only have 1 apple store. From what I have read the apple stores will NOT be opening early and will open at 8am.

I have also read that Wal-Mart and BestBuy will both be releasing the phones as well. BestBuy has already said that they have sold ALL pre-order phones and only those people will be able to get the phone from them on Friday.

what I haven't heard is about Wal-Mart... I read one place that said they don't do the pre-order sales and will just give to first come first server... How does this hold up with 24hr Wal-Marts? can I go in Thursday night then can I get a 3GS at midnight?

So here is the breakdown:

Apple Store:
    How early to line up? I already did an online pre-order for in-store pickup... but that doesnt guarantee you a phone... still first come first serve.

BestBuy:
    Wont sell to you unless you pre-ordered in time

AT&T Store:
    Same story as BestBuy

Wal-Mart:
    will they actually have it and how do 24hr stores handle it?

Sorry for rambling on... I searched the site and couldn't find opinions on any of these questions.

Just curious and thought others might be wondering the same thing.

Thanks in advance for your opinions or any insider info on the matter!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just hit up AT&T or the Apple store early and pick it up.

I can't say for sure about wal-mart or best buy but i did speak with some people at the genius bar in the apple store over the weekend.

they stated that last year for the 3g release, they did not run out of phones until the 2nd day of the launch. they were telling everyone asking that if you came on friday, especially in the morning, that you would most likely be able to leave with one

awesome! I didnt really want to get up any early than I normally do.. I'll probably be there around 7:30 and hope for the best.