Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom photos for album covers on iPhone?

Default Custom photos for album covers on iPhone?
    You know when your song is playing, some of them will show the album covers, but some won't. I would like the place the album covers manually, or possibly my own picture of the artist to go along with the song playing on my screen, but how would I go about doing this?

You can change or add missing album covers in itunes. Right click on the song and click on "Get Info". It will pull up a window that says...Summary, Info, Video, Sorting, Options, and Artwork. Go to the Artwork tab and you can then add your custom album artwork. I have done this for several of my songs or albums that for some reason or another do not automatically come with album art. By the way, this is for the newest version of itunes 7.4.2.

go to amazon.com for the album artwork they are pretty good and the size you should use are 600 x 600 which are the sizes for m itumes album covers i believe!! i have do it numerous times!

Thanks

While your song is selected in iTunes, you can also simply drag the artwork over the little window in the botton left-hand corner and will automatically be added to the MP3 tag. This is the little window that normally shows the song/album cover you're currently playing.

The sizes for the iTunes covers are 300x300
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

or u can try iArt.....really cool program..download it of ilounge.com
    Did I Help you?? Then Hit the Thanks button!
    16gb iPhone running 1.1.4
    Jailbroken and Unlocked!
    MMi ROCKS!!!!

Or let iTunes do the job.

If you don't have an iTunes account, get a gift card.

Or if you don't want to do that, there are sites (Google them) that provide code(s) that supposedly are of gift cards.

Using that, iTunes will get artwork for you.

Default Incorrect solution
    These methods address only the symptom, not the underlying problem. Yes you can sit there for 6 months and individually copy and paste album covers for 1000 songs, but this doesn't explain why the existing artwork is not showing up. I have tried deleting and then reinstalling all of my music files from my iphone, and the artwork still does not show up. I've tried "getting" artwork over and over with no success. I've even tried copying the artwork folder (from a previous install of itunes) over the existing folder and nothing seems to work.
    Any idea why itunes would not recognize artwork, even if it downloaded the covers itself?

Quote Originally Posted by dt3001 View Post
    These methods address only the symptom, not the underlying problem. Yes you can sit there for 6 months and individually copy and paste album covers for 1000 songs, but this doesn't explain why the existing artwork is not showing up. I have tried deleting and then reinstalling all of my music files from my iphone, and the artwork still does not show up. I've tried "getting" artwork over and over with no success. I've even tried copying the artwork folder (from a previous install of itunes) over the existing folder and nothing seems to work.
    Any idea why itunes would not recognize artwork, even if it downloaded the covers itself?
    Maybe there was never any artwork on there already. If you rip your songs from your CDs to MP3s, then it will not know the album artwork on it, therefore none would show up. If so then the underlying problem is that they never existed, not that they disappeared.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

NeoNightmareX:

Uhhh ... what in the world have you been smoking? Are you seriously suggesting that I'm expecting to see artwork that never existed? Do you mean that I just imagined all the artwork that used to be installed on my phone? Really--what exactly are you struggling to say??

You must not have read my previous post at all. Here's 2 important clues:
    1. "... reinstalling all of my music files".
    2. "... tried copying the artwork folder (from a previous install of itunes)".

Both of these statements should have been understood by you to demonstrate that I had at some point REINSTALLED my music files and that the artwork was not showing up since then. FYI, I recently had a corrupted OS on my iPhone and had to reinstall the firmware (essentially losing all my previous notes, music, calendar items, etc. in the process). Since I had to reinstall, I decided this would be a good opportunity to upgrade the firmware (from 1.0.2 to 2.2.0 now). Overall, this was a good decision but required multiple attempts before I could get a firmware to install successfully on my phone.

However, the artwork to my music files still does not appear despite several attempts at uninstalling/reinstalling the files, "getting" artwork over and over again, etc. That's why I posted, but I never mentioned CDs at all, and don't you think I would know whether or not my phone had artwork on it before??? I mean, c'mon, it's not like I imagined having album covers for the last year and a half that I'd been using the same phone and then suddenly realized they "... there was never any artwork on there already". So, the only thing that "never existed" was a meaningful reply on your part. Thanks for the insult though, mister non-exister.

Quote Originally Posted by dt3001 View Post
    NeoNightmareX:

Uhhh ... what in the world have you been smoking? Are you seriously suggesting that I'm expecting to see artwork that never existed? Do you mean that I just imagined all the artwork that used to be installed on my phone? Really--what exactly are you struggling to say??

You must not have read my previous post at all. Here's 2 important clues:
    1. "... reinstalling all of my music files".
    2. "... tried copying the artwork folder (from a previous install of itunes)".

Both of these statements should have been understood by you to demonstrate that I had at some point REINSTALLED my music files and that the artwork was not showing up since then. FYI, I recently had a corrupted OS on my iPhone and had to reinstall the firmware (essentially losing all my previous notes, music, calendar items, etc. in the process). Since I had to reinstall, I decided this would be a good opportunity to upgrade the firmware (from 1.0.2 to 2.2.0 now). Overall, this was a good decision but required multiple attempts before I could get a firmware to install successfully on my phone.

However, the artwork to my music files still does not appear despite several attempts at uninstalling/reinstalling the files, "getting" artwork over and over again, etc. That's why I posted, but I never mentioned CDs at all, and don't you think I would know whether or not my phone had artwork on it before??? I mean, c'mon, it's not like I imagined having album covers for the last year and a half that I'd been using the same phone and then suddenly realized they "... there was never any artwork on there already". So, the only thing that "never existed" was a meaningful reply on your part. Thanks for the insult though, mister non-exister.
    I was actually talking about the OP, I wasn't trying to insult you. I misread your initial post thinking that you were over-analyzing the initial problem.
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 2009-05-04 at 05:24 AM.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store