Results 1 to 16 of 16

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Swap Out My iPhone

  1. #1
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    Default Swap Out My iPhone
    It was either in April or May, I brought my iPhone in to the Apple store because it had dust under the screen and they swapped it out for a new one. Later that day, I noticed there was a gap somewhere between the bezel and the screen on the left side of the phone which let some light come through. Really annoying, but I've just been dealing with it. Then yesterday, I noticed there's a dead pixel at the bottom of the screen and I think I see another one towards the top. My iPhone is still under warrenty, so do you think Apple will swap it out for another one? This is really getting annoying.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  2. #2
    Maybe.

    Wouldn't it be easier to ask them rather than us?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  3. #3
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    521
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts

    lol

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Maybe.

    Wouldn't it be easier to ask them rather than us?
    My appointment isn't until Tuesday, so I didn't think it would hurt to ask. Sheesh!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  5. #5
    dont react to people with sarcasm on the internet it can be felt bad because we only see text. ADD SARCASM MARKS like: you are *sooo stupid*

    ok um, it depends on the people there, if they determine no damage by you , you will get a new one. If they find any water damage or dents then your probably screwed.

  6. #6
    Yeah like he said,if your phone doesn't show sign of water damage (water sensor) or dents and stuff then they will most likely give you a replacement. I've heard many people replacing their phone at the apple store because of a single dead pixel. On the bleaking light? Not so much, I've had that and tried to replace it last time and the apple guy was like no because it doesn't affect you in any way or whatever lol. I guess it mostly depends on which apple person you're talking to.

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator Zwayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Independence, LA
    Posts
    5,633
    Thanks
    656
    Thanked 764 Times in 591 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    My appointment isn't until Tuesday, so I didn't think it would hurt to ask. Sheesh!
    ^^^It don't hurt to ask....

  8. #8
    Here in the UK you'd either walk into a store and they'd tell you there and then or give them a ring and they'd tell you.
    It never occurred to me that you'd need an appointment days away...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alek
    dont react to people with sarcasm on the internet it can be felt bad because we only see text. ADD SARCASM MARKS like: you are *sooo stupid*
    Who was being sarcastic?

    Quote Originally Posted by iarehenry
    Yeah like he said,if your phone doesn't show sign of water damage (water sensor) or dents and stuff then they will most likely give you a replacement. I've heard many people replacing their phone at the apple store because of a single dead pixel. On the bleaking light? Not so much, I've had that and tried to replace it last time and the apple guy was like no because it doesn't affect you in any way or whatever lol. I guess it mostly depends on which apple person you're talking to.
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious
    Here in the UK you'd either walk into a store and they'd tell you there and then or give them a ring and they'd tell you.
    It never occurred to me that you'd need an appointment days away...
    I'm not going to all the way to the store (about 40 minutes away) for them to tell me yes they'll replace it and have to come back in a few days for them to actually do it. And last time I called, they had to actually see my phone to determine if they'd do anything about it or not. So irregardless, I'm gonna have to go to the store to be completely positive, and why not do it all in one day, which happens to be Tuesday, the only day with available appointments.

    So yeah, that's why I asked here. If everyone said "They won't replace your phone for 2 dead pixels and some light coming out the side," then I wouldn't have bothered going to the store.

    BTW, you spelled your name wrong.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  10. #10
    I deliberately misspelled my name many years ago in the mistaken belief that no one else would spell it like that so I would have no problem registering it - unfortunately that was not the case....

    With most phones one or two dead pixels is considered 'acceptable'(by the phone companies - not the users)and they will not replace it, but it is subjective and some people get phones replaced with only one dead pixel. It is subjective and as no one has quoted Apple's policy here, I guess they don't have one.
    My local CPW is a 10 minute walk away and the O2 shop is a 15 minute walk away - I guess it's a bit different over there!
    Good luck.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I deliberately misspelled my name many years ago in the mistaken belief that no one else would spell it like that so I would have no problem registering it - unfortunately that was not the case....

    With most phones one or two dead pixels is considered 'acceptable'(by the phone companies - not the users)and they will not replace it, but it is subjective and some people get phones replaced with only one dead pixel. It is subjective and as no one has quoted Apple's policy here, I guess they don't have one.
    My local CPW is a 10 minute walk away and the O2 shop is a 15 minute walk away - I guess it's a bit different over there!
    Good luck.
    i c

    AT&T is about a 10 minute drive from where I live, but so many people told me last time with the dust under my screen to take it to the Apple store because AT&T won't do anything about it. I live in Louisiana, and there are only 2 Apple stores in the state (both within an hour's drive from where I live), but the nearest one is still 40 minutes away; I have to drive across the longest span bridge in the world to get there.

    And like I said, the only day available when I was scheduling my appointment was Tuesday between 11 and 12. I don't know what's going on because I just checked again and now there are available times today and Wednesday, too.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  12. #12
    Great, isn't it? Good luck on Tuesday.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  13. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    Thanks bro
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  14. #14
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    It worked! The gap wasn't enough to replace the whole phone, just the screen, but the two dead pixels got me a new iPhone! Time to sell it and get a 3G S.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

  15. #15


    Great! Well done.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  16. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts

    Yes. I just hope my 3G S doesn't have the gap. I don't want to have to go all the way back to the Apple store just for them to replace the screen.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

    If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •