Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi is checked, but 3G is showing as the connection

Default Wifi is checked, but 3G is showing as the connection
    I must be missing a setting or something.. I have att internet at home and I have the network password as well.. Whenever I try and luanch my wifi it never gives me the wifi symbol ontop of my phone.. and I know it works because i was using it a jerzees last night. It's wierd. Oh I'm running the 3.0 version too. Any help?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I get that too, but it usually shows up a few seconds later.

I was kinda hoping for some connection fix.. as mine NEVER shows its on so I'm thinking im still at 3g Speed? I know I have my laptop and everything but sometimes when im at home its just easier to do something on my iphone.. I have no clue why this wont work.

my phone does that if its on a ad-hoc. You should wait 6 more days and apple will probably fix it. Thats a con of having pre-released firmwares.

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    I was kinda hoping for some connection fix.. as mine NEVER shows its on so I'm thinking im still at 3g Speed? I know I have my laptop and everything but sometimes when im at home its just easier to do something on my iphone.. I have no clue why this wont work.
    Download the speedtest.net app from the app store.
    It will tell you if you are on WiFi or 3G and will tell you what speed you are getting.

I never get more than 2Mb on 3g and about 8.5Mb on WiFi.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Yeah this has been happening on my iPhone for a while! In FW 2.2 it was doing it and I have not had a fix, I thought it was just a bug with my iPhone but someone else with a 3G had the same problem! Hope it gets fixed soon anyway!

seriously does anyone have any advice? im putting the password in the wrong place,something minor like that? I did the speed test today and lets just say. My 3G speeds= epic fail! I'd really like to get wifi working on my phone....