Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS

Default iPhone 3GS
    So I have a iPhone 3g so as we all know, I'm not elgible for the $299 price for the 32gb iPhone 3GS. But since I'm on a family plan and my brother is elgible to upgrade his phone(razor), can I take his upgrade and have the iphone 3gs activated onto my line? I tried talking to one of the guys at apple who said "he's heard of that process going on but would have to talk to someone from att". So i went to att and asked them but they seemed like they had no clue or just didn't understand my question... Any suggestions on what I should do or how I should ask the guys from ATT?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yes. If your bro doesn't mind.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Channan For This Useful Post:

dangerousandre (2009-06-13)

This is exactly what I'm doing. I called AT&T 3 times and they all sad I could do this without any conflicts, I even told the last lady to put me on hold and ask somebody on a higher level and they said yes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizzy714 For This Useful Post:

I did the same exact thing you want to do but it was a huge hassle. I originally called ATT to ask if that was even possible. The first lady said yes but I could not preorder online it had to be done in store. I then called my ATT

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nyknicks4412 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

like everyone has said yes u can do it this is exactly wut im doin n im glad i can
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xxfr0stbytexx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's what I'm doing when I have $$

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozzyman500 For This Useful Post:

I just got off the phone with an ATT store and ATT customer care. Both of them told me NO. They said the only way for me to get the new phone for the discounted price was if my brother got the $30 data plan and continued to pay for it so that i could use the iphone 3gs. I'm not sure what to do as of right now. Any suggestions on what I should say or do?

Thanks

hmm thts weird cuz my mom doesnt have to do tht i can jus get tha phone. but i did go to tha store its self. it might depend on who u talk to. wut if ur bro gets data plan then give him ur old phone n u take 3GS?

Follow me on Twitter

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xxfr0stbytexx For This Useful Post:

I went into the ATT store earlier and they told me no. The reason i dont give my brother my 3g phone is because i sold it.

Thanks

ahh n oh hmm yea so gettin tha other data plan wuld be a waste of 30$ a month. cuz i have to do tha same thing but tha guy i talked to said i can do it, idk y urs wuld b differnt? ill try to think of somethin for u

Follow me on Twitter

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xxfr0stbytexx For This Useful Post:

sorry for my post earlier...my internet screwed up and only sent a small amount of what I typed.

here is my experience with reserving the new iphone 3gs using a different line to upgrade:

"My sister has a crappy cell phone and does not care to upgrade so we have had an upgrade on her line for sometime now. I bought the iPhone 3g last year but I wanted to upgrade again this year so I thought I would use my sisters upgrade to get the discounted price. I called ATT and asked the lady on the line if this was possible. She said that it was possible and I could either go into the ATT store and do it through the people there or I could reserve it online by saying I was upgrading my sisters line. Then when I received the phone I would just call and they could switch some things around and the iPhone would be on my line and my sister would NOT have to have the iPhone data plan. I was a little skeptical of this procedure because she was talking about switching IDE numbers and all this stuff and I felt like when I received the phone and called in the person at ATT might not have the same information this lady had. I opted to go with the instore preorder. I called my local ATT store and asked them if I could do this procedure. I spoke to a man who said that yes I could do this. I went into the store the next day and there was only one lady in there. She immediately said I had been misled and that I could not do this. She also told me that I could not purchase the iPhone online and could only purchase it in the store. (She was a complete moron.) Frustrated I called ATT again and they once again told me I could do this. So that same day I traveled another 30 minutes to a store farther away. On my way to the store in the car I called the store and asked if I could do it. They said that yes I could. I got to the store and within 10 minutes I had reserved the iPhone for the rate of 299$ for the 32gb black one using my sisters line to upgrade. The phone will be under my current iPhone's number and my sisters line will not have a new data plan or experience any interruption in service."

as you can see it was quite time consuming....all in all my on the phone time and traveling to and reserving the phone took about 6 hours. ATT does not have their act together and some people will tell you yes and some will tell you no. you just need to keep pushing them and trying new stores or the same stores at different times with different employees until one allows you to do it. good luck!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nyknicks4412 For This Useful Post:

SUCCESS! I went to another ATT store and told them what I wanted to get the new phone with my brothers upgrade he said no problem. In 10 minutes or so, I got my 32gb Black 3GS iPhone for $299.
    Thank you for all of your replies!

Thanks

well im glad tht u will get it i hope u enjoy it

Follow me on Twitter

Thanks

Cool, can't wait till I can upgrade to 3GS.