Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bad sound quality, when making a call

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Bad sound quality, when making a call
    From a day or two, when i call someone or receive a call, the volume is very law so i cna barely hear what the other is speaking to me. I have installed loads of software, do you think that that might have caused that. It's really annoying, any ideas ?

Thanks

Anyone ? If i do a hard reset do you think that might help? And how do i do a hardware reset ?

Quote Originally Posted by slavipz View Post
    From a day or two, when i call someone or receive a call, the volume is very law so i cna barely hear what the other is speaking to me. I have installed loads of software, do you think that that might have caused that. It's really annoying, any ideas ?
    Same problem here!!! Are there any softwares for the volume output? Speaker sounds ok but on ear I can barely hear anyone!!

If the problem was not there before the installs, you may want to do a restore to see if the original volume returns. If it does, then you know it was one of the mods. You can add them back one at a time and check volume after each install.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    If the problem was not there before the installs, you may want to do a restore to see if the original volume returns. If it does, then you know it was one of the mods. You can add them back one at a time and check volume after each install.
    That was what i first did - I did a restore. Then activated and unlocked my Iphone. And still the same problem. Sent it back to the store that i bought it from, and they have returned it to me withing 2 days and now it is working. I did some reading aroung the net and found the following:

his low audio issue appears to be a hardware defect on Apple's part. Even people with unmodified phones report very poor audio from the earpiece speaker. Serial number series seems to make no difference whether you have 7R7, 7S7, 7T7 or WH8 or V0R. My advice, return it and get a new one, this is unacceptable for such an expensive device. I think the Revision B iPhone will be the one to have, which I bet arrives in stores just in time for Christmas.

-- September 22, 13:42 PST

2nd UPDATE: I've begun looking at serial numbers to try to see if there are "families" of iPhones that are susceptible to the low audio issue. It appears that the 7R7 group is a problem family, 7S7 appears to be fixable via a restore after unlocking and the 7T7 family appears to not be affected. If you want to send me your partial number, I can continue to build on my data which is based on only a handful of phones right now. I have yet to encounter a phone that did not end in WH8.

UPDATE: I'm getting emails saying that the low audio issue doesn't always occur when using anySIM. It might have to do with a date of manufacture of the iPhone. I don't know how to determine this, or extrapolate any other version data that might give away a susceptible phone.

Right now the single most important tutorial on this site has an Achilles' heel. It seems anyone who uses anySIM to unlock their iPhone suffers from reduced audio in the earpiece speaker. The Bluetooth, speakerphone and earphone jack audio output is just fine however. When I have a solution, I'll let you know. Please do not email me to ask if I have a fix for it yet. I've heard of one person who has restored and said this solved the problem - this hasn't worked for me. Some have said plugging in the earphones and then removing them solved the problem - this hasn't worked for me. I've even reflashed the baseband, restored and started over and this hasn't worked.

-- September 21, 11:33 PST
    copied from hacktheiphone.com

Unhappy Same here
    I've used my iphone for a few months now, last friday the volume on the earpiece went down to a nearly impossible to hear level. I downgraded to 1.1.1 and then jailbreaked oktoprep and then upgraded to 1.1.2 jailbreaked again and unlocked, the volume is the same.

Did you get to fix it?