Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locked Out of iPhone 2g

Default Locked Out of iPhone 2g
    Okay, I really need some help on this one.
    I have a jailbroken 2G iPhone running on 2.2.1 firmware and I think I may have messed up.

I was SSH'ing a theme, well, I was changing it a bit and I didn't take into account that the lockscreen image has to be around 75k...I happened to use an image that was 2mb. I copied over the original theme and went into winterboard and turned off the same theme I was using (minus the changes) and turned it back on and i let my iPhone reboot. While my iPhone rebooted, it came to the lockscreen and froze. So now, my iPhone shuts itself off (because the file is too large, I supppose) as soon as it gets to the lockscreen. Should I eject the SIM or what? Because it keeps shutting itself off and until I can SSH back into it to change it, i'm afraid I've locked myself out. And I dunno what kind of damage is being done as it keeps shutting itself off.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

Lol., doesnt matter what filesize the image is (well shouldnt cause the phone to reboot endlessly). However if rebooting doesnt help and you cant SSH in....then your only other option is restore.