Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: URGENT, need help.

Default URGENT, need help.
    Alright I sold my iPhone 3G 16gb today to someone off of craigslist for $300 cash (enough to get the new 32gig next friday), came home and saw that my buy now price listing on ebay for $400 sold!, but anyways that's another story and I'm not too worried about that. Alright so I restored my phone back to it's naked factory settings and whiped it clean for the lady, and was going to pop my sim card in and old razor I'm supposed to be getting from a buddy of mine tomorrow. Well I totally forgot about my old 2G iPhone that has a cracked screen, but still responsive and works. Long story short, I sold this 2G iPhone to my buddy for the even amount of money to buy the iPhone 3G the day it came out - 3 weeks later he cracked it and gave it to me and it's been sitting in my dresser for all this time. Well he had it unlocked so he can run it under T-Mobile, I popped my SIM in and it seems to be working just fine except my edge connection isn't all too great. My question is, is that if i restore the phone, will this undo the unlock? And also, when the restore is done will it bring me to the activation screen as if I'm registering this new phone for a first time? If that's the case, I won't restore it and update it to 2.0.

it depends on what firmware is on it atm. though either way you would need to reactivate after a restore and reapply yellowsnow
    Step 1: Make signature. Step 2: ??? Step 3: PROFIT!!

Thanks

If you're talking about the 2G phone a restore will be fine. Mine is UL & JB running 2.2.1 and I restore it every so often just to keep it "clean".

Regardless which FW the 2G is on the BB won't be updated past 04.05.04 which is unlockable.

What OS are you using (Mac or Windows) and I'll point you in the right direction for a step-by-step guide.

I think it's on 1.1.4, I haven't uploaded it in iTunes but I'm pretty sure that's what it's on. The reason I asked was because I remember WAY back in the day when I was on a krazr, I was given an 2G iPhone and plugged my sim into it, and when I opened up apple it when through the activation process/renewing a 2 year contract - but maybe that was just because I wasn't on an iPhone plan at the time. Now that I am on the iPhone 3G plan maybe I wouldn't get that screen.

I'm on Windows Vista by the way.

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it to the fullest.

Thanks

No worries. If you have any problems just shout.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Alright I sold my iPhone 3G 16gb today to someone off of craigslist for $300 cash (enough to get the new 32gig next friday), came home and saw that my buy now price listing on ebay for $400 sold!, but anyways that's another story and I'm not too worried about that. Alright so I restored my phone back to it's naked factory settings and whiped it clean for the lady, and was going to pop my sim card in and old razor I'm supposed to be getting from a buddy of mine tomorrow. Well I totally forgot about my old 2G iPhone that has a cracked screen, but still responsive and works. Long story short, I sold this 2G iPhone to my buddy for the even amount of money to buy the iPhone 3G the day it came out - 3 weeks later he cracked it and gave it to me and it's been sitting in my dresser for all this time. Well he had it unlocked so he can run it under T-Mobile, I popped my SIM in and it seems to be working just fine except my edge connection isn't all too great. My question is, is that if i restore the phone, will this undo the unlock? And also, when the restore is done will it bring me to the activation screen as if I'm registering this new phone for a first time? If that's the case, I won't restore it and update it to 2.0.
    Don't want to burst your bubble, but on another level it's going to cost you more than $300 for a new 32 gig. Assuming you bought your 3g at the subsidized price on iDay last year.

To the guy above: there's a line on my family plan with an eligible upgrade, and I'll be using that.