Here is my situation:

My family bought a contract from AT&T, and it expired in February 2009. In early March my mother and I went to the AT&T store to see what kinds of upgrades, price reductions, etc. we could get since our contract expired. The salesperson showed us the iPhones because my mom wanted one for work so she could check her e-mail. She found out that her work didnt support the iPhone, so she said if I can earn $300, she will buy me the iPhone (iPhone 3G 8GB and Warranty/car charger/case = $300). Yesterday, I reached $200 for the money I need to earn, and I found out about the new iPhone that is coming out.

I was wondering if there is any way that I would be able to get the 3GS 16GB for $199 in my situation (I would still need to get the warranty, my mom cant be talked out of getting the gay thing cuz she thinks I will drop the phone in the toilet or something else the average person my age would do, which I would not do.)

Also, there is no way I could convince her to just let me get the $99 3G 8GB right now, and I would rather wait till next friday to get a 16GB.