Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I upgraded to the iPhone 3GS. for $199. This is how.

Exclamation I upgraded to the iPhone 3GS. for $199. This is how.
    I went to four different stores in the valley of Phoenix, Arizona. The first two Were IDIOTS! Straight up. hahaha the third tells me it is going to cost me $399. No way around it at all. So I threaten to cancel my contract. He says that is $175! I say no way and leave. I arrive at the final store. The guy named Stephen greats me so I ask him about the new iPhones. WE get to talking and pull up my account. My wife is available for an upgrade.. But her phone works just fine. she refuses to upgrade. So Stephen cuts me a deal. He can put my new iPhone on my wifes upgrade! AWESOME! And we can activate it on my number! Losses: My wife losses her upgrade.. Wins: What didn't I win? So I pre-order the phone. So now I'm waiting for june 19 so i can go at 7AM in the special line to pick up my Pre-Ordered iPhone 3GS! Tell me what you guys think!!
    8GB Apple iPhone

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Whatever it takes. I did the same thing last year

hahaha i have my parents on my line they never get new phones not even when they started their contracrs i just gave them Razrs lol so i will get like 2 iphones if i wanted lol they will never know hahahaha and its under my name so they cant check lol
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is this easy to do, at the AT&T store?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah over the phone with customer service I was pretty much told to do this.

I have 4 people on my account and one is always up for upgrade every 6 months and I have one up so going to use that line.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Cool! I never knew about this! I just got off the phone with AT&T and approved.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

I am doing the same thing. I sold my wife's 2g yesterday for 280 on Craigs list!!!! Then placed and order for 3GS she gets my 3G and I get the new one. She had no choice and I told her this is how is goes, I have some old school Italian in me especially when it comes to toys!

welcome to 2009, ive been doing this since ive had phone..lol not rocket science.