Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have Edge Network but no E ICON in status bar?

Default Have Edge Network but no E ICON in status bar?
    I recently unlocked my phone with Ziphone 2.5 c firmware 1.1.4 with 1.1.3 compability patch to install 1.1.3 programs via Installer. Everything is fine, I installed tons of 3rd party Apps, themes work, etc. The only problem I am facing is there is no Edge Icon in status bar even though I have Edge on my T-Mobile Network. This is a recently purchased phone about a week ago, and my old unlocked iphone on T-Mobile have the E-Icon while the new one doesn't. I know Edge is working because Boss Tool shows the Edge Address and I can go on the internet and watch youtube videos without any Wi-Fi network. Also I also don't have the AT&T services tab in my settings>phone where you can check your minutes,plan,etc, even when I plug in my AT&T account sim card (still no E-Icon either) Anyone know any way to restore my E-Icon on my status bar and hopefully a reason why I don't have a Service page in the phone section thanks.

Thanks

Do you have nothing or a solid block on the status bar? EDGE is a protocol, you're actually on a GPRS network. If you're just getting a solid block, that means you're using GPRS. If you have the E, you're on EDGE.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I don' have neither, if I use Wi-fi the wi-fi signal appears on status bar, but if I use Edge there is no symbol at all. In my old phone with the same t-mobile sim card, the E- icon appears instantly.

Thanks

YouTube doesn't work on GPRS so it must be an Edge signal....

i had a service page at 1.1.1 but have lost it at 1.1.3, never used it so never bothered me but thought i would add... used Geohotz not ZiPhone
    Last edited by reeko; 2008-03-12 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this problem with my edge icon too. Make sure you edge icon is chmodded to 755. I don't know about the services problem though.