Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS 3.0 Bluetooth

Default OS 3.0 Bluetooth
    I have an iPhone 3G with 2.2.1FW and 5.9BB

I have a few questions:

1. when I upgrade to 3.0 will my 3G be able to stream music to my bluetooth car kit?

2.when I upgrade will my gavey+2 sim adapter keep me unlocked?

3 if I upgrade my girlfriends 2G will that have bluetooth capabilities also?
    Let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w let it ultrasn0w

bump

1) Possibly
    2) No
    3) Possibly
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    1) possibly
    2) no
    3) possibly
    lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone ElGriton's Avatar
    Come the Apocalypse I shall be Omnipresent
    Thanks

1) Possibly
    2) No
    3) Possibly
    I'm gonna

Yes
    No
    No from what I understand, the 2G iPhone is not physically capable of it.
    What I'd like to know is Apple going to do bluetooth like they do everything, bigger and better than everyone else?
    Last edited by ElGriton; 2009-06-11 at 01:05 AM.
    If you're requesting icons PLEASE include the original and the correct spelling. It makes our job 10X easier. Thank you.
    If you we've helped you hit the thanks button. it makes us giggle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElGriton View Post
    I'm gonna

Yes
    No
    No from what I understand, the 2G phone s not physically capable of it.
    ^+1....

1.yes
    2.no
    3.no

I revise my answer :
    1) Possibly
    2)No
    3)No

I wasn't sure about 3) so have revised that answer.
    My answer to 1) is still 'possibly' as it depends on tghe make and model of car kit. If it's a nokia car kit or BMW car, my guess is that it won't work as neither use standard BT. Most others 'should' work.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

well thanks for the info!!! I think lol

my car kit is a THB Bury and the phone needs to transmit bluetooth in A2DP protocol I think,
    2G and 3G both work on this kit via bluetooth for phone calls so I am hoping they will both have the necessary hardware for music and to read received text messages

also I have a Samsung home theatre with bluetooth which my macbook plays thro via blue tooth so am hoping the iPhones will too

3.0 supports A2DP so you should be OK

so if 3.0 supports A2DP then so long as I upgrade to 3.0 on the 2G I should be able to stream music with that too as it obviously has bluetooth but does not use A2DP protocol?

Or am I being really thick?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No. The iPhone isn't getting A2DP. Only the 3G and the 3G S.

But...the iPhone has Bluetooth. Does that mean they aren't going to be able to play games either?
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

From what I've read in many places, 2G has the same bluetooth device as 3G, so there is no reason 2G shouldn't be able to use A2DP as well. But, Apple is refusing to make that feature available to 2G. Why? Well, it is obvious to my eyes considering how Apple has been using dirty marketting strategies all along. Like when they first made iPhone, they intentionally made it so that it only worked with Apple's ear piece. That was so that people had to buy Apple's product. They've always done stuff like this everywhere so people had to cave in to buy their product. Now, in regards to A2DP and 2G, what do you think would happen if Apple allowed it? People will hang onto their 2G because they are satisfied (afterall, it still is an awesome phone). This means, less money for Apple. By denying the feature in 2G, Apple is forcing people to upgrade to newer iPhones = More $$$ for Apple. I could be wrong, of course, but that's how it looks to me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTequila View Post
    From what I've read in many places, 2G has the same bluetooth device as 3G, so there is no reason 2G shouldn't be able to use A2DP as well. But, Apple is refusing to make that feature available to 2G. Why? Well, it is obvious to my eyes considering how Apple has been using dirty marketting strategies all along. Like when they first made iPhone, they intentionally made it so that it only worked with Apple's ear piece. That was so that people had to buy Apple's product. They've always done stuff like this everywhere so people had to cave in to buy their product. Now, in regards to A2DP and 2G, what do you think would happen if Apple allowed it? People will hang onto their 2G because they are satisfied (afterall, it still is an awesome phone). This means, less money for Apple. By denying the feature in 2G, Apple is forcing people to upgrade to newer iPhones = More $$$ for Apple. I could be wrong, of course, but that's how it looks to me.
    No. You're most likely right. Voice controls only for the 3G S? Seriously? That's total BS! Both the iPhone and iPhone 3G are capable of voice control if Apple would allow it. They make that and video recording only available on the new iPhone so they don't have to make so many hardware changes and people will still upgrade.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

speaking of voice control....my car kit the THB Bury is able to use voice control to dial numbers from both my 2G and 3G connected via bluetooth so surely this means that both models have the capability built in already?

On the flip side at least if Apple keeps some things back from us there will always be a sub culture of us hackers!!

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    No. You're most likely right. Voice controls only for the 3G S? Seriously? That's total BS! Both the iPhone and iPhone 3G are capable of voice control if Apple would allow it. They make that and video recording only available on the new iPhone so they don't have to make so many hardware changes and people will still upgrade.
    The 2G and 3G do not have the processing power to run Apple's voice control software.

Thanks

^^^No it sure don't. So go get in line for the 3GS....

The 2G and 3G do not have the processing power to run Apple's voice control software.
    What if we overclocked our ARM iPhone processor from 620 to 700? Then will it?

EDIT: Mistype. 700mHZ, not 800mHZ. Doesn't go any higher than that.
    Last edited by crewxp; 2009-06-19 at 06:57 AM.

Not sure about the 2G but the 3G runs at about 420 (IIRC) - overclocking it would neab that:
    a) your battery would last about 4 minutes
    b) That's just long enough to boil an egg with the heat it would chuck out and
    c) that's as long as the rest of the phone would survive with the heat.

Try it if you like....