Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G REGRETS

Unhappy iPhone 2G REGRETS
    i am really regretting the fact i went off too early to buy an iphone when it was still 2g.

then 3g came out within a few months of buying, which was just before the deadline of being able to trade in 2g for 3g.

and NOW, the 3gS is coming out.
    and im really pretty bothered that my iphone is aging and becoming ghetto ghetto.

At least you have an iPhone which is the easiest to upgrade and jailbreak, already has ALL the capabilities with jailbreak apps that 3.0 will give and is more robust than the 3G. Yes even the camera on the 2g can meet "quality" of the new version as snapture lets you zoom and clearcam gives you a sharper image. You should feel happy you have had all the advantages of 3.0 courtesy of the hard working devs you can find through this site,
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

I feel your pain. I recently got the 3g not 3-4 months ago and can't upgrade now to the 3gs without paying hundreds of dollars for it. If you want a quick fix you might want to shell out $99 for the 3g and wait a while until next year's wwdc announces even more upgrades. If you're not too pained by 2g, I say wait a year!

The iPhone 3G doesn't have that many new things, and the 3GS barely has any new things. The only difference between my iPhone 2G and the 3GS is a camera with one higher megapixel, GPS, and a compass, which isn't too big of a jump by apple. There's other things like copy/paste and video, but I already have that on my 2G, and I don't have internet on my phone, so GPS is quite useless, too. It's really not worth it to upgrade, unless you get some discount when you do upgrade from one version of iPhone to the next.