Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lemme get this straight.

Default Lemme get this straight.
    An existing 3G owner can get the 32 for $500 bucks if renewing your contract, correct? Also, not having to trade in the 3G?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If $500 ends up being the retail price without a contract then yes, you can sell your 3G on Ebay and use that money for the 3GS

Alright wait, I'm on a family plan and two of the phones on my family plan are eligible for the iPhone Upgrade - is there anyway to use one of those numbers for the iPhone Upgrade and run the phone through my number?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, upgrade one of your other lines to the new phone and then stick your simcard in it

Nice, I just hope they don't activate it right then an there at the store like they did last year. That would be awesome =P

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Yes, upgrade one of your other lines to the new phone and then stick your simcard in it
    If I'm not mistaken, this will only work on an unlocked pair of iPhones, and you'll need to make sure you don't use iTunes to activate, post-SIM-swap. Plus, unlock is NOT guaranteed to even ever happen on the iPhone 3G S. I wouldn't bet against it, but we just don't know what's up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by punkassjim View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this will only work on an unlocked pair of iPhones, and you'll need to make sure you don't use iTunes to activate, post-SIM-swap. Plus, unlock is NOT guaranteed to even ever happen on the iPhone 3G S. I wouldn't bet against it, but we just don't know what's up yet.
    Really?

I just called ATT and they said I'd be able to do it.
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 2009-06-09 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

They will either activate in-store or even if you activate at home you still have to sign a new 2 year.....HERE'S THE KICKER....then will auto ad the "iphone data plan" to whatever account you upgrade and if you cancel it, they consider you cancelling your contract and charge you the ETF.

So either way, its not gonna happen.

So then the ATT reps are a bunch of tards? Can't you record the convo and be like what's up now!? An raise hell, since you have proof of them saying you'd be able to do that.

^Yes the reps are a bunch of tards....

And they could care less what someone said, recorded or not...they'll tell you to stuff it.

How long should I put my 3G up on ebay for? And how much should I expect to make off of it? It's a 16Gig, but I was gonna take it back to apple say something's wrong with it and get a fresh one back from 'em that way I'd be able to list it as 'new'.

EDIT: Can you unlist an item if you're not liking the bids on it, or no?
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 2009-06-09 at 07:26 AM.