View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to the 3GS?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'll be waiting in line the day it is released!

39 23.64%
  • Yes, but I'll upgrade after release.

32 19.39%
  • No, not enough new features to warrant an upgrade.

57 34.55%
  • No, my current iPhone isn't dead yet.

12 7.27%
  • I still haven't decided...

25 15.15%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Poll: Will you upgrade to the new 3GS?

i actually will because itll come with a $300 profit. Ah, eastern eroupe, overpriced electronics... people willing to buy iphone from me for cheap $700

Nope..

I would, but AT&T are Nazis and want a $500 deposit..

I might as well buy one cash out and use it on t-mobile for the price of the "deposit" and subsidized price.

Fortunately, I got the original iPhone, then upgraded to to the 3G and passed the OG down to my wife. Since my wife's line is now available to get the upgrage I can get the 3GS and pass down my 3G to her. Next year my line will be ready to upgrade so I can get new iPhone then. I'll always be able to get at least one new iPhone each year at the subsidized price.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    I'll always be able to get at least one new iPhone each year at the subsidized price.
    Me too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm on the fence. I'm leaning toward keeping my 3G for at least another 3-6 months:
    A) give devs time to jailbreak and exploit 3GS
    B) see if Rogers/Fido change their stance on upgrade policy

I called Fido a few days ago and they are making it impossible to upgrade early. 1st off, the early cancellation fee in Canada is up to a maximum of $400. Add the cost of a new 32GB 3GS and I'm over $700.
    I posted my current jailbroken 3G on Craigslist to get an idea of what it would fetch and I'm confident I'll get at least $350. That's not enough to make it a no-brainer, pull the trigger decision for me just yet. I'm happy with my 3G but of course, I have tech envy for the latest & greatest. plus, I live in Vancouver where we can take advantage of the extra speed from the 3G S right away since Rogers/Fido are upgrading networks in preparation of the Olympics in 2010.
    I will kick myself if Apple releases a kick *** device in 2010 that supports 4G however.

On the other hand, my wife is on Rogers using her own BB Curve 8900 so she's eligible for HUP. She's offered to use it on the 3G S for me as she is a hardcore BB user (I know, pray for her).

Will I be able to use 3G S on Fido on day 1? probably not as it wouldn't be jailbroken.

That's my life to date. lol

I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade through a system override, cause I've added purchased phones to my account. So I was looking for a 3G until I heard this 3Gs is coming out, was about to do the upgrade last week now I'll be doing it this week to the 3Gs on Rogers...

My price = less than $199.00 so how could I say no...
    If I have helped you click thanks...

Upgraded to 3Gs from 2G

Well I will not fall for the hype this time, not enough features for early upgrade and seems like there is a trend of Apple to release a new Iphone every year. I think I will wait for the next one or a price drop for the 3Gs model.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unioncane For This Useful Post:

iFokust (2009-06-15)

I curently have a 2G... so yes absolutly! Ordered mine last friday and will be DELIVERED to me on the 19th.
    I agree, If I had a 3G maybe it would'nt be worth the 600.dollar upgrade.
    But from the 2G it is a welcome improvement and a noteworthy upgrade.

My 2G has worked flawlessly for 2.5 years.
    The iPhone is still the best phone in exhistance and wont be switching to another model anytime soon.

Have 3G currently, and am definitely getting a white 32 GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar10der View Post

My 2G has worked flawlessly for 2.5 years.
    Now that IS impressive! how did you get yours 6 months before anyone else?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I sell my 3G for what I’m asking for it by Friday, I’m going to get the 3G S at the non-contract price.

16G 3G S $699
    – $300 SALE of 3G
    – $100 Fido Dollars

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

by having the extra ram and faster processor, will this increase the performance when it is Jailbroken? only reason i stopped jailbreaking my 3g was because it was getting very sluggish, will i see a HUGE performance gain if i were to get the 3gs and jailbreak it?

Jailbreaking doesn't slow down your phone - some winterboard themes do though - More RAM and better processor certainly won't do any harm!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will definitely be upgrading now!!! Already sold my 3G 8GB on eBay for $320 and now this:

Fido Website:

If I already have an iPhone 3G from Fido and wish to upgrade to the new iPhone 3G S, are there any special offers?
    Yes. For a limited time, existing iPhone 3G customers can apply their FidoDollars towards the no-term cost of the iPhone 3G S without subscribing to a data add-on. In addition these customers will receive a $100 FidoDollars Bonus top up towards the purchase of the new iPhone 3G S. This offer is effective June 19 to July 31st, 2009.

Essentially I will be getting the 16GB for $199 without extending my contract or screwing with HUP in 2010.
    SOLD!!!

Thanks
    Me Personally. I'm going to upgrade since the New iPhone has the features I always needed like Camera and Compass. I've been wanting this from the start and Jailbreaking just isn't for me the phone lags too much and I had lots of problems last time i Jailbroken my phone.

So my answer is yes I'm upgrading tomorrow maybe next week or something.
    Apple iPhone by Apple

im a late upgraded, I have had 1st, 2nd, and 3g iphone, I think I will hold out until the next iphone is released since I just recently a few months ago upgraded to 3g. But then again maybe I will upgrade, I am on a family plan and my brother tried upgrading his phone that he has had for over 2 years with att and they told him he is not eligable for upgrade but said that I am, lol keep in mine I am only 3 months into my contract and they say I am eligable, they seem to have mixed me up with my brother he is pissed but I guess I should maybe take advantage of this

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234