Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone SOMETHING CRAZY I JUST REALIZED

Default iPhone SOMETHING CRAZY I JUST REALIZED
    Ya so im at work, working . well anyway i always stream music etc and i replaced my whole iphone housing with a pink one the actual housing part and i left some parts of the phone out.... And i just realized it doesnt mess up any speakers anymore when i get phone calls / txt like it used to .... WTF IS GOING ON....

Have no idea what your talking about....

I do, what he means is when you have a mobile phone next to a radio, portable stereo or "Ghetto Blaster" which is on you get interference from the mobile network when a text or call comes in - it might be beeps constantly or sound distortion - I get it when using my iphone in a tunebase dock in the car to play songs from it over my radio - and then a call comes in or it checks for email and you get this sort of beep de beep beep noise from the stereo.

Now why leaving bits out of his iphone rebuild out would stop this is beyond me, unless the antenna is one of the things left out so the signl does not cover such a wide area and therefore doesn't interfere with nearby rafdio equipment?

I do, what he means is when you have a mobile phone next to a radio, portable stereo or "Ghetto Blaster" which is on you get interference from the mobile network when a text or call comes in - it might be beeps constantly or sound distortion - I get it when using my iphone in a tunebase dock in the car to play songs from it over my radio - and then a call comes in or it checks for email and you get this sort of beep de beep beep noise from the stereo.

Now why leaving bits out of his iphone rebuild out would stop this is beyond me, unless the antenna is one of the things left out so the signl does not cover such a wide area and therefore doesn't interfere with nearby rafdio equipment?
    Last edited by Robcoffee; 2009-06-06 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

perhaps u now have a 3g signal? compared to a 2g signal 3g does not interfere with magnetic audio devices

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

wow interesting, id be curious to see what he left out

just to start... LMAO robcoffee ghetto blaster lol

but on a serious note, the reason that that interference happens is because the radios and the phone both use gsm frequency to transmit over the air. so you will notice that if you have your GSM phone sitting under your car stereo or next to a ghetto blaster when your phone either receives data or in particular with an iphone it fetches for your email you will hear a crackling noise. there really is no way to stop that other than not transmitting any data or using a non-GSM phone. so im not sure what the deal is but that is weird

are you still receiving calls okay?

Ya im sitting here with my buddy with an iphone. I get excellent service. Better this his phone plus his **** messes up my speakers receiving txt and making calls etc. just like mine used to do. now i can have my phone right on/next to the speaker and i cant get it to make any noise.... its weird as ****!! pretty cool tho.

im officially calling BS on this

im being totally honest. we were gonna make a video. its crazy im just wondering what would cause it to not make the sound... like before my phone could be like 3-4ft away from speakers and it would always make speakers go crazy recieving calls or txt... but now it does nothing... i can put the phone right up the speaker if you guys want a video ill make one later... im just wondering why it would do it...

^^ you will have to find what exactly you pulled out and tell us or show us. i honestly dont know what you did if this is true.

im not saying that you are lying and that i dont believe you but i dont have any reason /to/ believe you. we'll see

Ya it doesn't make sense because what you were saying above about all gsms doing it and ****.... idk ill upload a video right now... ill brb

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m82xTcXZm-Q]YouTube - iPhone not making speakers distorted[/ame]

heres video
    Last edited by nick.ftw; 2009-06-07 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

That's really weird!!
    Any chance that the new pink housing shields the interfering signal and is the reason why your phone doesn't create interferences now?
    If that is the case, I would love to know what kind of casing you're using.
    Last edited by chanquete; 2009-06-07 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chanquete View Post
    That's really weird!!
    Any chance that the new pink housing shields the interfering signal and is the reason why your phone doesn't create interferences now?
    If that is the case, I would love to know what kind of casing you're using.
    I have no idea whats going on with it. Thats why i was hoping someone would be able to answer me. Either way its cool, bc no more speakers going crazy while my phone charges on the desk at work...