Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating

Default Updating

Well, I have a lot of applications currently, but recently, I have been unable to update them. They all get stuck like the second picture, and it's not that I don't wait long enough, it's been like this for weeks. When I click on the apps, it goes to the loading screen, and ends up with that warning that it shows on the first picture. iTunes won't help me either, and this is the warning it shows to me when I try to update any application via iTunes. It won't let me check for Available Downloads either because an unknown error keeps occurring. Anyone have any idea what the hell is going on with my iPhone?

Thanks

Is your iTunes (on your computer) logged onto the correct account?

What firmware version are you running?

Both are in the latest version, not iPhone 3.0, and not iTunes 8.2, but yeah, they're the newest ones. And yes, my iTunes is logged onto the correct account, I can make new downloads with my account currently, and it's the same account as the one on my phone.

Not sure - but I would transfer purchases from your phone (Under the File menu on iTunes) and then try looking for updates.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Already tried transferring purchases, and it's all done, but I still can't check for updates. Nothing ever works, and I can't get any of my applications updated...

Try uninstalling iTunes and re-installing. Instructions are on Apple's site.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Naw, that's probably not it. I tried it already, and it won't work on both my computers, so I don't see that as the problem.

It's a strange one.
    If it was me and without a better suggestion, I would start from scratch. Restore the phone, set up as new and see if you can synch. If that works, restore your backup then see if you can synch, if that works jailbreak and see if it still works and then carry on installing things until you find out what breaks it.

Good luck.

Just a thought. Did you try uninstalling the apps in question, and then installing them again?
    That way, you should be able to pick the latest version from the store.

Yeah, that's what I did last time, and it sorta worked, but it got screwed up the very next day...

Alright, it's fixed. I just updated to 3.0 and magic happened.