Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using iPhone 2G on ATT prepaid plan

Default Using iPhone 2G on ATT prepaid plan
    I have a 2G,jailbroken, which I wish to use strictly as a telephone and PDA (no data plan) with my ATT pre-paid plan (which is currently active with a Blackberry).

Does anyone know whether this will/will not work using the sim card from the Blackberry?

Jack C

yup. Works great. Any other questions?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 20Eyes For This Useful Post:

jkcorcor (2009-06-03)

I installed the ATT Sim Card (from my Blackberry but, alas, am not getting any signal bars. Any ideas?

thanks

Jack C

did you jailbreak it with the sim in the phone or after? I think you might have to break it without the card in first. I might be wrong. Been a min. since I've done it. Let us know.

Oh. I have a 2G by the way. I think there is a difference on the way it is done. Hopefully someone can chime in or just go into the guides section. Good luck!
    Last edited by 20Eyes; 2009-06-04 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

mine is a 2G, also. We first tried to jailbreak it sans the sim card and that didn't work so we went back to square one and broke it successfully with the sim card in place. At least we were told by the system that we had successfully unlocked it and the apple logo was replaced by a pineapple image.
    I'm at the position now where I'm beginning to think I have a problem with the phone itself...perhaps the RF section but know so little about the machine I don't know what to do to ascertain the problem.

thanks for help

Jack C