Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It is currently Monday June 1, 2009...

Default It is currently Monday June 1, 2009...
    WHERES THE NEW FIRMWARE?!?

thank you...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    WHERES THE NEW FIRMWARE?!?

thank you...
    fot a point there... when is the firmware suppose to release? i donno if its suppose to be in the beginning but when is the actual official release?

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Thanks

Might be mid-June before the release.

The new iPhone will almost certainly be announced at the conf next week. It will probably be released early to mid July. I doubt if the FW will be released before the new iPhone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I would guess the new firmware will be discussed in detail at the WWDC keynote speech first and then released later that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I would guess the new firmware will be discussed in detail at the WWDC keynote speech first and then released later that day.
    yea thats probably true... but man.. m waiting for the new iphone... i havent been saving up for nothing!!!! lol i didnt even pay all my rent aswell!! lol

Thanks

The new iPhone will also most likely be announced at the same time just like the last 2 years it will not hit the stores until mid July. so go ahead and pay your rent

Do you reckon that there is a chance that they will announce the next gen iPhone will also be available immediately?

I wasn't around when the 3G was released and don't know enough about Apple. Didn't FW2.0 get released the same day as the iPhone 3G? That is the main basis for my suggesting that FW 3.0 might be delayed.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon79 View Post
    the new iphone will also most likely be announced at the same time just like the last 2 years it will not hit the stores until mid july. So go ahead and pay your rent
    rotflmao
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks

Looking back last year the 2.0 firmware was announced but not available until well into July for download.

The new iPhone will also most likely be announced at the same time just like the last 2 years it will not hit the stores until mid July. so go ahead and pay your rent
    lol yea i guess... lol... stupid london being so damn expensive!

EDIT: any news on winterboard ready for FW 3.0?

Thanks

From what I understand winterboard is ready and so is the patch. It's just not released yet.

Nice... Cant wait for it... Man but we have to wait how long mid july!!!, if only it was sooner!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

July 16th can't come fast enough!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

shabz_de_don (2009-06-01)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    July 16th can't come fast enough!
    painful 7 weeks away!

well after reading the news regarding iTunes 8.2 i'm thinking that I'm gonna hold off anyways. I finally got my phone JUST the way I want it. It's perfect, it's beautiful, it's sleek and modern and minimalistic and just plain awsome.

I honestly have no desire to have all that broken just cause Apple thinks that they only reason to Jailbreak is to crack apps.

Hell, anymore there are so many free apps that are just as good if not better then pay apps, that i don't even care to waste my time having cracked apps on my phone anymore anyways.

So I think I am going to wait this one out. My gut says that Apple is going to make this a bit tricky for our ever InSaNeLy GrEaT Devs.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

I wouldn't worry too much about 8.2.
    To quote MN from the Dev Team Blog:
    They can't prevent jailbreaks through their (ultimately...) hardware-enforced chain of trust. They can throw software obstacles in the way, but those can always be overcome (since they all reside on the Mac or PC which you have complete control over).

A good example of this in the past: when Pwnage 2.0 was first introduced, it was free to deliver the underlying exploit anytime it wanted to the device. But then Apple changed iTunes so that it if it saw the device in its most vulnerable state, it quickly kicked it out of it. So the pwnage flow was adapted to get around their countermeasure.

This doesn't feel like a countermeasure, though. And in any case we know how to work with it, just gotta put that new protocol into the programs.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i do hope that 3.0 will be released before the new iphone is. releasing both on the same day just wasn't a good idea last year when it took more than an hour just to get the phone activated

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I think it will

Thanks

it would be nice if it came out now
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast