Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi down please help

Default wifi down please help
    hey guys last thing i remember my wifi was just fine i downloaded from cydia xgps on my iphone 3g download some maps next morning i lost my wifi i try everything reset network settings ,all the reset possibles ,i restore my iphone ,and nothing i do get and wifi address on settings-general-about but when it scans the networks dont get any keeps spinning ,i did reset my router too took off the password ,did everything i was wondering guys is this a software issue or hardware issue i am getting wifi address what i am missing is scanning issue do not detect any i will appreciate any guidance software or hardware with this symptoms does anybody have the same problem or can help in this particular will appreciate

Thanks

Interesting- I just have some intermittent wifi issues that started after installing the SBSettings update. Seems fixed after renewing my wifi lease ( in setting on the iPhone)

People have reported Haptic Pro causing problems with WiFi.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Perhaps a related problem. I know what my netwrok's ip address range is. Most of the time my iphone takes on an ip that is correct and in this range, however sometimes it will take on an ip that is way outside this range while still connected to my network. And thus wifi will no longer work even though it says its connected. A respring fixes this but its quite annoying.

Thanks

My fix was only temporary. I cant SSH now either. Working on a few ideas....will post back

Default wifi down after i install xgps
    hey guys is me again i just downloading a ispw again it might help sometimes during the download it missed something first i download it from iclarified now i am downloading from modmyi link so i i let you know the lates news after i restore it again
    will appreciate any help i am lost without wifi
    thanks

Thanks

Well, it seems that my installation of the SB settings update was at fault. I ended up uninstalling SBSettings, and reinstalling it and all is well.

can you be more specific and new here like to do it well i am so tired try this this please let me know where is that lease you talking about

it is connected to my router i went into the settings router and i checked the address that is send to my iphone confirms that is getting the address the thing is does not show any network the small keeps spinning endless not connected is all it said please any clues you thing is software issues or hardware what you think let me know please
    Last edited by Freefixkorma; 2009-06-02 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freefixkorma View Post
    can you be more specific and new here like to do it well i am so tired try this this please let me know where is that lease you talking about

it is connected to my router i went into the settings router and i checked the address that is send to my iphone confirms that is getting the address the thing is does not show any network the small keeps spinning endless not connected is all it said please any clues you thing is software issues or hardware what you think let me know please
    Open Settings then click on the wifi connection. then click on the arrow that opens the wifi settings. At the bottom of that page is a button that says "renew lease"

You can also reboot your router and see if that helps. If you still have problems, you can try to disable the wifi security in your router temporarily and see if you can connect. If so then re-do the wifi security settings. WPA-2 works better than WEP.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

Freefixkorma (2009-06-03)

Default Thanks for your time bro
    I wish i can do that i get an addres for a wifi under settings-about is strange when is scanning the networks does not pick up any that why i cant do what you asking me to do i reset my router with pw and without pw did reset of network,reset all setting,restore my iphone change the downloading page ipsw from other sources and nothing bro i have another iphone i can do what u ask to do renew lease but in phone that is **** wifi never get any network it keep scanning network for ever never show any in the list bro thanks for your time i will be here waiting please appreciate your time

Have you rebooted your router? Changed the security on your network?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I wish i can do that i get an addres for a wifi under settings-about is strange when is scanning the networks does not pick up any that why i cant do what you asking me to do i reset my router with pw and without pw did reset of network,reset all setting,restore my iphone change the downloading page ipsw from other sources and nothing bro i have another iphone i can do what u ask to do renew lease but in phone that is **** wifi never get any network it keep scanning network for ever never show any in the list bro thanks for your time i will be here waiting please appreciate your timeI wish i can do that i get an addres for a wifi under settings-about is strange when is scanning the networks does not pick up any that why i cant do what you asking me to do i reset my router with pw and without pw did reset of network,reset all setting,restore my iphone change the downloading page ipsw from other sources and nothing bro i have another iphone i can do what u ask to do renew lease but in phone that is **** wifi never get any network it keep scanning network for ever never show any in the list bro thanks for your time i will be here waiting please appreciate your time i have two iphones so i test it reboot the router

yes i did confucious i did reboot it,reset factory default,did everything bro please any other idea i an guessing that is the software that is corrupted or missing something the ipsw 2.2.1 got it from iclarified and modmyi what you think will appreciate any idea thanks
    Last edited by Freefixkorma; 2009-06-04 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost