Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g parts to 2g

Default iphone 3g parts to 2g
    i want to put the metal buttons and switches from the 3g on my 2g. will they fit. can someone tell me where i can buy a cheap 3g iphone. around $250 canadian

It never ceases to amaze me what people want to do - but I have learned that they usually have a valid reason for wanting to do it.
    I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but could you enlighten me as to why you want to do this?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i know a place to get the buttons. i want to get them because the plastic ones on my 2g feel like there gong to break and they are loose. i dont want to take them from a 3g tho. i just am looking for a 3g.

You had me a bit worried there!

I'm sure someone like cpjr will answer your question.

good luck.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

christoforo (2009-05-30)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the 2g?

(I'm just say'in...)

Thanks

cmon 99 posts and u have never heard of people refer to 1st iPhone as 2g!!!! I agree ask cpjr.

No, not without a lot of modifying anyways. And not because of the actual button piece but the switch behind it is made completely different.....but then again Ive never tried it, so......

And the cheapest and ONLY place to buy an iphone outside of signing a contract would be ebay. Or some local listing for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

christoforo (2009-05-30)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    No, not without a lot of modifying anyways. And not because of the actual button piece but the switch behind it is made completely different.....but then again Ive never tried it, so......

And the cheapest and ONLY place to buy an iphone outside of signing a contract would be ebay. Or some local listing for you.
    thanks