Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Transferring email attachments from iphone to laptop

Default Transferring email attachments from iphone to laptop
    Hey,

I'm about to go away for a few days, where there is no landline/wifi, so my only comms is the cellular network. I need to continue working there and can pickup my emails via 3g on my iphone, but need to get the email attachments onto my laptop so i can work on them.

I'm thinking along 2 lines... could I use the iphone as a modem, so i can collect from my pop3 mailbox either via bluetooth to my iphone or hardwire, and receive them directly into mail app on my laptop? Alternatively, I can ssh into my iphone to grab the attachments but don't know where they reside. If i use this second option, is there a way to get a new attachment back onto my iphone so i can send it out from mobileMail?

Can anyone help?

Thanks guys

If you are jailbroken the easiest way is to tether using Pdanet, with the added bonus on windows you can connect via USB rather then over wifi- when I tether via wifi on OSX you could fry eggs on my iPhone.

Thanks but i'm on osx. PDAnet website says its not for osx

It does work on OSX, you have to connect via a ad hoc network:-

On Mac,

Click on the Airport icon at the top of the screen.
    Select Create Network, give it a name such as "iPhoneNet".
    Now on your iPhone go to Settings->WiFi and "iPhoneNet" should show up in the list. Tap on it and your computer should go online.

So just download pdanet from cydia, on your laptop do the above, and then go into pdanet on your iphone and make sure it is connected and your laptop should be connected fine. It works for me, but WiFi makes my iphone super hot and you need to have the iphone connectd by USB still to make sure your battery doesn't drain.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Great, thanks for that. will give it a try and let you know how i get on. Dren