Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warranty'in an iPhone

Default Warranty'in an iPhone
    I am about to go to my Apply store to get my unlocked iPhone warrantied. Offcourse i will use ziphone to lock it back up. What are your experiences in getting your iPhone warrantied with apple and why did you send it in warranty?

My phone has a a hairline .5in crack on the screen near the home button from dropping it, will they void my warranty? its unnoticable unless you tilt/angle it where you can see the light leaking from within the hair line crack.

Thanks. I hope i can get a new refurb iphone because mine is really out of shape since so much usage has been put into it.

if apple's policy is anything like other phone manufacturers, i would assume the physical damage would revoke the warranty coverage

Thanks

User damage or negligence does void warranty coverage yes.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

well i went in, and they said i needed my cingular sim card to get the store activated in store.. im like.. what do i do now

Thanks

I guess you weren't told about that aspect. Apple will not even look at the phone unless you're connected to an AT&T contract (which includes Cingular).
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

put a GoPhone sim card in the phone. It worked for me. i bought one of those AT&T GoPhones from Walmart $19.99 took the sim card and sold the phone on Ebay.just make sure you activate the sim in the iphone through itunes.

apple wont exchange the phone. you would be better off just buying a new one. I had to take mine in and get it looked at and they exchanged it, but not before a genius went over and over and over my phone to make sure that nothing was messed up or damaged with it.

Good Luck

Thanks

Your warranty is voided cause you unlocked it, they do take a look to see if its been modified, restoring it won't help as far as i know.