Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Cheating me of my warrenty

Default Apple Cheating me of my warrenty
    So I recently went into the Apple store on a Thursday because dust is under my screen. I had the geniuses look at my phone, they tell me I can have my phone replaced under warranty. I asked them if it was okay if I came in next week becuase I wanted to back up my phone before I turn it in. That was fine with them. I go into the apple store the following Tuesday (five days later) to get my phone replaced. They tell me my warranty is voided becuase I have water damage with in the past 5 days, even though my phone has never touched water in its life span. I argued and told them it was impossible (i argued a lot), however they didn't budge. I work a weekend shift at my job Sat-Monday, 40 hours in three days. I know I didn't expose my phone to anything because I am in doors all weekend. So now I basically have a iphone with dust under my screen that I can't get replaced becuase of apples shitty sensor. Is there anything I can do to get around this? can I buy a apple care plan then get it replaced? Does this happen often because I am really pissed that I paid all this money for a phone + signing a 2 year contact for this kind of service.

Well, first off if you made your appointment online it tells you to backup and restore before coming in. Then you could have swapped it the first time, why make a second trip?

And if 1 or both of the water indicators are colored up at all....then there is nothing you can do about it. They wont replace it for any reason, and will usually notate your visit in the computer in case you try again.

However, its pretty easy to pull the screen assembly out and "clean" inbetween the LCD and glass screen to remove the dust. 15 minute job.

Did you ask for the manager or the head of that particular service center?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Thats too bad. If your moisture sensors are pink then you are pretty much done. Like cpjr said, they have also noted it in the system, so that is the first thing the next rep will look at and deny your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Well, first off if you made your appointment online it tells you to backup and restore before coming in. Then you could have swapped it the first time, why make a second trip?

And if 1 or both of the water indicators are colored up at all....then there is nothing you can do about it. They wont replace it for any reason, and will usually notate your visit in the computer in case you try again.

However, its pretty easy to pull the screen assembly out and "clean" inbetween the LCD and glass screen to remove the dust. 15 minute job.
    Is the a guide online as to how to do this? thanks

You can check at ifixit.com they have pretty good guides, use one that shows how to remove the LCD, thats as far as you have to go.

Once you've gotten there, I use a clean cloth to carefully wipe the inside of the LCD and backside of the glass.

Remember, those parts are fragile....so be easy with them while removing and cleaning.

Thanks

Yea dont be like a bull in a china cabinet.....

=Zwayne;4214721 china cabinet.....
    China shop