Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [URGENT HELP] Screen Touch Problem

Default [URGENT HELP] Screen Touch Problem
    I currently have an iPhone 2G 8gb on the latest firmware (2.2.1) This problem just happened a few minutes ago. I did not do anything. No physical or software changes at all. Basically the part of the screen where my dock lies is totally unresponsive. I touch it and nothing happens. I cant click the icons or do anything in that part of the screen. I even went on different apps and that part of the screen is totally unresponsive. Everything on the top of that part that is malfunctioning is working fine. My phone is working fine and I see no changes. Please help me. I really need help. I would like to thank you and appreciate you for your time.
    Last edited by kennyleeme; 2009-05-20 at 04:37 AM.

You can try restoring it.

But if that doesnt work....its a hardware issue....the digitizer crapped out.

damn i really dread restoring my iphone again >.< is there anything else i can do to try and fix this without having to restore it >.<

No.

And restoring probably wont fix it.....because 99% chance its hardware.

>.< how can i fix this?

on a 2g, the glass/digitizer and LCD is all 1 part and must be replaced together.......the part is bout $130-$150

Unless you still happen to have a warranty, Apple will swap it.

on a 2g, the glass/digitizer and LCD is all 1 part and must be replaced together.......the part is bout $130-$150

Unless you still happen to have a warranty, Apple will swap it.

damn man im so sad because of this......