Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone airplane accessory mode popup help

Default iphone airplane accessory mode popup help
    i upgraded from 2.2 to 2.2.1 on iphone 2g about a week ago. yesterday, the popup that says ,"this accessory is not meant for iphone would you like to go to airplane mode?" has just been appearing randomly with alarming frequency. it also turns off all sound because it seems to think it is connected to an accessory. this is really annoying and bothersome. i have reset it multiple times and am about to try a restore. please help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Does this happen for no reason? Are you plugging it into power/computer/external accessory?

If no ...... I would start over / restore it.

Strange things after a jb are not uncommon. FYI: I jb'd a 2G, and didn't get the APN and the Cydia APN hacks didn't work. So, I did it again. Whoola..... now the APN setting is available. Weird for sure, but true.

When 3.0 becomes available, I think I'll do it 2 or 3 times just for the heck of it

No. I am not plugged into anything I restored and started over. It even popped up when I was at the emergency calls only screen.

Most likely you have damaged your flex cable. This can happen if you drop the phone, use a charger that isn't supported and may cause damage with the wrong voltage, or your phone has come into contact with water, sweat, or some other form of moisture.

You could try taking it to the Apple Store if it is still under warranty. Otherwise, it's not the easiest self fix to do.