Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bought 2g iPhone.....need help selecting Plan..pls Help..

Default Bought 2g iPhone.....need help selecting Plan..pls Help..
    Hi,

I'm on ATT using a blackberry pearl for a little while now. I just bought a 2g iPhone on Craigslist and wanted to add the Edge plan. When I called them, they said the iPhone data plan is $30.

My thinking was that the $30 ATT data plan is only for 3g and Edge would be cheaper. Is there something I can do to change that? I know people with non-iPhone ATT phones that have this "Unlimited Msg AND Data" for $30. Is there any possible way I can get that? Will switching sim from iPhone to another phone get me anywhere?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...thanks!
    Last edited by kashvii; 2009-05-15 at 09:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello! I was in the same boat as you, once-I went through tons of ATT support telling me it would cost a bundle for Edge on my first-gen iPhone. Once I finally decided to do it, I called them and they said that I couldn't do it over the phone, and had to go into the store.

After all that, I found out that you can do it online with the click of a button! Just go to ATT's website, log in (if you don't have an account for online, you need to create one!) and select your phone. Then you can change your plan to add data for $20 a month!!! It's so easy! If you still can't find out how to do that, let me know and I'll give you a step-by-step.

As far as unlimited texts, you may have to poke around to find that.

Please add thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxRabbit For This Useful Post:

kashvii (2009-05-15)

Did you do add this feature ($20- data) while the sim was in the iphone or in another phone?

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

In my iPhone. If it doesn't work, it might say some weird error code; just hit "Live Chat", they'll fix you pretty quick, and it should work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxRabbit For This Useful Post:

kashvii (2009-05-15)