Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could Downgrading/Upgrading Stop My Battery From Draining?

Default Could Downgrading/Upgrading Stop My Battery From Draining?
    For some reason, my 1G phone gets REAL warm while making calls, which drains my battery BIG TIME. My battery got 25% drained just from a 12 minute call. Do you think that if I were to downgrade the firmware that that could stop the battery from draining so much? Just to let you know, I'm currently on firmware 2.2.

Thanks

If you are jailbroken you can install SB Settings processes and if not there are a number of memory apps availble on teh app store that can show what processes are running in the background. If you have a bunch of stuff running while on the call this could do it.

Also you r battery may need recalibration. Let it run down to 10% (you get a warning) and then charge it fully- several hours or overnight- do not use it during this time. Even if it says 100% let it go longer.

How often do you reboot your phone? You should reboot the phone at least once a day. If you are jailbroken you can "respring" with SB settings or Respring app. I repsring my phone several times a day after using safari or ipod or mail.

How long has it been since you did a full restore? Just like a computer- the file system can benefit from a good housecleaning.