Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: SSH Turns On By Itself - How Do I Disable It Until I Need It?

  1. #1
    Default SSH Turns On By Itself - How Do I Disable It Until I Need It?
    Hi, guys! Everytime I power on my phone, SSH becomes enabled by default even though I turn it off through SBSettings. How can I can turn SSH off until I need it without it being enabled again by itself when I power on my iphone? Thanks.

    .

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    This happens to we as well, not a big problem though.

  3. #3
    its set like that cause in case you crash ssh will give you access to your iphone although nothing else works (:-)

    You can install sbsettings and the toggle for it if you want to

    Ruben

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to tosbsas For This Useful Post:

    MaxRabbit (2009-05-15)

  5. #4
    Retired Moderator bhz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 361 Times in 271 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    its set like that cause in case you crash ssh will give you access to your iphone although nothing else works (:-)

    You can install sbsettings and the toggle for it if you want to

    Ruben
    +1 I always leave SSH enabled just in case of a crash.

  6. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts

    Yes, SSH on startup can not be disabled. Big Boss says "no"!

    Please add thanks

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxRabbit View Post
    Yes, SSH on startup can not be disabled. Big Boss says "no"!

    Please add thanks
    Thanks, guys, i appreciate it.

    .

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by obla View Post
    Thanks, guys, i appreciate it.

    .
    I've been trying to figure this out also. Since it can't be disabled, it's not really a big deal but isn't it a drain on the battery?

    Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

  9. #8
    Retired Moderator bhz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 361 Times in 271 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ronzo View Post
    I've been trying to figure this out also. Since it can't be disabled, it's not really a big deal but isn't it a drain on the battery?
    Not really. Some people claim it is but I haven't noticed it.

  10. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ronzo View Post
    I've been trying to figure this out also. Since it can't be disabled, it's not really a big deal but isn't it a drain on the battery?
    No. As with most well-designed application for this platform, SSH only consume cpu-cycles during an active connection. At start-up, cpu-cycles are used to load it, but thereafter it remains dormant until awoke by the network driver in response to a connection request. As you can see with multiple memory usage utilities, even the memory consumption is extremely low. Not much larger than a single .png.

    For those concerned about security, just change the default password. Easy to do
    Last edited by Mes; 2009-06-25 at 05:36 PM.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    No. As with most well-designed application for this platform, SSH only consume cpu-cycles during an active connection. At start-up, cpu-cycles are used to load it, but thereafter it remains dormant until awoke by the network driver in response to a connection request. As you can see with multiple memory usage utilities, even the memory consumption is extremely low. Not much larger than a single .png.

    For those concerned about security, just change the default password. Easy to do
    Awesome! I'll be able to sleep tonight!

    Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •