Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help With Book On Iphone???????

Default Need Help With Book On Iphone???????
    I am looking for a good book reader or books that i can load up to my iphone and read at times. Something like ereader thats in cydia. Ereader just does not have a selection or good books. Please any help would be great. Thanks in advance..

Why don't you try Stanza?It supports word,pdf,ms lit,epub,mobipocket,palm doc ebook formats.It claims to have over 50,000 titles on Fictionwise Reader Store.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

coachballfirm (2009-05-16)

I have stanza now and i have been playing with it a bit. How do i shh ebooks into stanza? where do i place the books/pdf files??????... i want to shh them in but where do i put them?

You can upload your ebooks from your computer into your phone using Stanza Desktop easily.
    Download Stanza Desktop application from Download Lexcycle Stanza | Lexcycle
    Then
    1. Launch Stanza Desktop
    2. Go to File->Open,open a book or document in one of Stanza's supported formats
    3. Go to the "Tools" menu,ensure that the "Enable Sharing" menu item is checked.
    4. Ensure that your iPhone is connected to the same wireless network that your computer is on.
    5. Launch Stanza on your iPhone.
    6. From the top-level library menu,select "Shared Books".You should see your computer name.Select it.
    7. Stanza Desktop will then notify you that your iPhone is attempting to connect to your shared library&request your permission to allow the connection.
    8. Once you have granted permission,Stanza iPhone will display a list of books that are open in Stanza Desktop.
    9. Tap on the book to download it Stanza on your iPhone.It will appear in Titles&Recent Downloads.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

coachballfirm (2009-05-19)

You are the man bro. Thank you soo much. I have one more question and if you dont know it cool you helped me more than enough. how do i put cover to the book i uploaded?

Some books have cover&some not.If your book doesn’t have cover art,go to images.google.com on computer.Search your book's name,then you'll see all the pictures about it.Select one of them&put it into your documents / pictures folder on computer.Then go to itunes,select the picture's folder&sync with your phone.
    Go to Stanza Library on your phone,open the book&tab the screen.Then touch the 'i' symbol.Select the cover image&tab 'choose from photo album'.
    Then select the book's picture...That's it...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

coachballfirm (2009-05-19)

Thanks alot bro. i was playing with it and found out to do it. i got a couple of reads but im more of a bio reader and was wondering if you knew any good reading sites where i can download for free. cant afford to buy all these books i wanna read. if not thats cool you done for then enough. thanks again bro. If you do know and dont want to post pm me. later bro..

Some websites
    *Feedbooks: Food for the mind
    *Main Page - Gutenberg
    *:: Munseys : A Bangsian Fantasy
    *Stanza Books by Fictionwise check for free
    *Internet Archive: Text Archive
    *Baen Free Library search on google,there are dozen websites

Also you can use CALIBRE free e-book application for Windows&Mac for downloading books.
    calibre

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dejawoo For This Useful Post:

coachballfirm (2009-05-18)

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    Some websites
    *Feedbooks: Food for the mind
    *Main Page - Gutenberg
    *:: Munseys : A Bangsian Fantasy
    *Stanza Books by Fictionwise check for free
    *Internet Archive: Text Archive
    *Baen Free Library search on google,there are dozen websites

Also you can use CALIBRE free e-book application for Windows&Mac for downloading books.
    calibre
    Thanks, that's help me a lot. I'm just looking them.