Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: USB Tethering (Windows), beta 5?

Default USB Tethering (Windows), beta 5?
    Okay then, this is either a very noobie discovery of a very interesting bug..

Today I (finally) updated to beta 5, my friend is a dev and it is a legal download.
    I previously had beta 4 with a custom ipcc for o2-uk, I could use the tethering with bluetooth but not USB.
    I read somewhere that custom ipcc files have been disabled in beta 5, but I did not want the OS on the phone to expire so I upgraded (note, I did not restore).
    I was in college at lunch time and decided to see if I could get it to tether, my friend had no success after upgrading to beta 5; amazingly it worked, ok so fine, I can still tether over bluetooth.
    However when I got home after college, plugged my iPhone in to charge on my laptop, and the blue bar pops up, strange? bluetooth disabled...

I have attached some pictures just to show that there is no bluetooth switched on..

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks.

UPDATE: I have got an additional screen shot, looks like its more than a bug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0046.png   -img_0048.png   -img_0047.png   -img_0049.png  
    Last edited by revilo500; 2009-05-14 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Update

Thanks

I used usb tethering a couple times with my macbook and beta 5 and after i stoped tethering the iphone kept switching to the blue bar randomly.

I had to restart the iphone to get it to go away.

Also, from what ive read it is the new iTunes that stops the ipcc update, not beta 5. You can also still update the details in the 'Cellular Data Network' of settings without using the IPCC for now.

Would expect the next itunes/firmware release to block it both on the itunes + firmware side.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker