Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Going abroad... what do I need to do?

Default Going abroad... what do I need to do?
    Hi,

Next week I am going abroad (to France ) for a month and I was wondering what I need to do so that I don't use data/whatever else and get a massive phone bill when I get back.

I am using a jailbroken 1.1.3 O2UK phone.

I have Boss Preffs 1.55 installed which gives me the option to turn off Edge.... is this the only thing I need to do, or are there other precautions to take?

Thanks

G

yep, simply ensure edge is off, thats the only way you can incur charges that i know of.

thats what i do when i nip across to france from the uk.

i have had no probs with it disabled!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

i think you should also turn off data roaming or what it's called

Thanks for the help... but I can't seem to get it to work... I can turn the wireless on and off fine in boss prefs... but when I try to turn edge off, it thinks for a bit, and then goes back to the 'on' switch. I have now upgraded to boss prefs 1.56 but still have this problem.

Also... how do you turn off 'data roaming'?

Any ideas? Thanks.

turn off data roaming by going to settings>general>network
    and you will see a switch for data roaming

i use the services app by chris hoffman to turn off services, never fails. reliably 'blocks' edge.

some dont do a good job of actually blocking it.
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Quote Originally Posted by invu View Post
    turn off data roaming by going to settings>general>network
    and you will see a switch for data roaming
    Found it..... is this the only think I need to turn off so that I don't use any data?