Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone battery drained out, what should I do?

Default Iphone battery drained out, what should I do?
    Hey guys, today I was watching a couple videos on my phone, not checking the battery, I put it into my pocket, and put it to sleep. About ten minutes later, I took it out, and the phone would not turn on at all. I immediately took at home and stuck it into the charger. The apple logo appeared, but then after a second or so, it started to fade out, the screen got darker and darker until it disappeared. (The iphone was still connected to the outlet.) I put it in DFU mode, and tried to restore, but the same thing happened, when the phone began to restore, it faded out until the screen went black and Itunes gave me the 1602 error. Currently, I rebooted my phone, put it in DFU mode and left it on the charger. Should I let it sit for a while and let it charge, or should I try to restore again? The phone was NOT jailbroken, I was planning to do so tonight, but now this happened.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kyle

Also, its on 1.1.4

I'd let it sit for awhile....however, if it doesnt charge, I would take it to Apple and they should warrenty it for a new one.

Have you charged the iphone with ANYTHING other than the charger it came with? If the charger isnt meant for the iphone, it can fry the circuitboard! An ipod charger for example, charges at 12v....the iphone only uses 5v.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Kylecchh (2008-03-11)

Nope, just using the normal iphone charger. Should I boot it on and leave it on the dimmed apple logo to charge, or just leave it off? It will be just great if I have to return this one, considering I just got this phone due to my old one's touch screen loosing its function.

Also, should the iphone get warm when in charges? Normally mine does, but this time, its not...

Bump, still not working, and I found a guy with the same problem as me, please help, I really do not want to bring this thing back to the apple store which is around 40 miles away from where I live.
    Here's the link to this guys phone:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV8k8mPFXII"]YouTube - Iphone start up issues[/ame]
    Last edited by Kylecchh; 2008-03-11 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by esmandau View Post
    i neever see that screen blue
    ???

Bump, please help, still no luck...
    Last edited by Kylecchh; 2008-03-12 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you given any thought too it might be a bad charger?? Worth a shot to check. Could go to an ATT store or Apple store and have them plug it into a charger if you dont want to buy one.

Or do you know someone with an iphone, you could borrow their charger?

Just called Apple, explained what happend, they said the Iphone needed repairs. So appearently, I am waiting two weeks for them to fix it . This sucks...
    Thanks for your help though.

Also, couldn't be a bad charger, because my friend a couple doors down owns a iPhone, and the same exact problem occured when I used his

damn..what if the phone was jailbreaked??

I put the phone in DFU mode before I packed it out, Apple won't notice a thing

Default not all true here
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I'd let it sit for awhile....however, if it doesnt charge, I would take it to Apple and they should warrenty it for a new one.

Have you charged the iphone with ANYTHING other than the charger it came with? If the charger isnt meant for the iphone, it can fry the circuitboard! An ipod charger for example, charges at 12v....the iphone only uses 5v.
    That's not exactly true.
    Using the iPod charger, for example, with the FireWire plug, charges the iPhone thru the FW interface at 12 VDC.
    The FW input voltage can be anything for 8-30VDC *safely*
    The iphone and iPod are both rated at 8-30VDC input thru the FW connection, and can be used, again *safely*.

The cube that came with the iPhone uses the USB cable, and is limited to 5V.
    Also, it has smaller *current* capability, which can lengthen the amount of charge time.

Most car adapters use the FW connection thru the dock connector into the iPhone.

The iPhone and iPod are internally regulated and have very sophisticated charging circuits.
    It would take a real bone-head maneuver to screw this up, but I've repaired a lot of iPods over the past few years, and I've seen it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem-Clone View Post
    That's not exactly true.
    Using the iPod charger, for example, with the FireWire plug, charges the iPhone thru the FW interface at 12 VDC.
    The iphone and iPod are both rated at 8-30VDC input thru the FW connection, and can be used, again *safely*.

Also, it has smaller *current* capability, which can lengthen the amount of charge time.

Most car adapters use the FW connection thru the dock connector into the iPhone.

The iPhone and iPod are internally regulated and have very sophisticated charging circuits.
    It would take a real bone-head maneuver to screw this up, but I've repaired a lot of iPods over the past few years, and I've seen it all.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jTro-BK2xY"]YouTube - iPod nano lawsuit bait on Engadget[/ame]
    Mabye this is one of those "Bone Heads" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clem-Clone View Post
    That's not exactly true.

This does make me feel better, thanks for the info.

However, I fried an iphone by plugging it into an ipod charger 1 time. Yes I have very bad luck.

Luckily Apple told me I fried it, and then replaced my jailbroken Iphone for a new one! After telling me my themes look cool