Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g Real help needed

Default iphone 3g Real help needed
    some of you may have seen my other thread : http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...important.html

right i have managed to pull the sim tray out and get my sim out , i have tried to put the sim tray back in , but it isnt going in for some reason , so how can this be fixed, its not going in , i have tried a papaerclip through the hole and cant feel no resistance , so can somebody help me its urgent thanks you

Thanks

This may sound dumb- but I once scared myself trying to insert the sim tray to find it wouldnt go in...becasue i had forgotten which way it came out and i was attempting to reinsert it backwards.

it goes in 7/8th of the way , where the thick bit is at the top of the sim tray it does not go in, there is nothing really blocking it or anything i don know im confused and in real shi*

i could see a bit of the lever if i look inside iPhone 3G Sim Card Ejector Lever - iPhone 3G - Product Catalog - Repair Parts for Apple iPhone,iPhone 3G,iPod,Blackberry,HTC PDA,Wii,PS2,XBOX,PS3,PSP,DSL,NDSL... but done really know what to do , its not working
    Last edited by Backslash786; 2009-05-11 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The lever is supposed to be there.

How did you get it out eventually?

And are you putting it back in the right way round?

If your really stuck then open it up and see exactly whats gone on. I doubt the eject lever has broken if you havent opened the phone or removed the sim often
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

5. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

Backslash786 (2009-05-11)

yes im putting it the right way round ,

when i put in a pin i cant feel it pushing nothing <- thats the main thing , i cant feel it like when you normally push it out

, i got it out by putting a sharp object and prying it out.

i am scared to open it
    dont know why its not going in

Thanks

to open it, undo the 2 scrws at the bottom and then use a suction cup at the bottom of the phone (just above the home button) and lift the glass from the bottom slowly.

It will lift up, but underneath be joined by 3 connectors.

Here is a video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-e-FWUcJN4]YouTube - iPhone 3G Disassembly - Repair Tutorial[/ame]

Up to 1 minute will be enough and none of it will void your warranty.

Instead of using the prying tool to get the glass off use a suction cup. If you dont have a suction cup then look to get one. Once the screens off you will be able to see whats going on in there - a picture of that would say a million posts.

Where in the UK are you?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

i will try it and keep you posted, i should have a suction cup somewhere.

i am from near leeds

it EVEN SMASHED THE SCREEN
    Last edited by Backslash786; 2009-05-11 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost