Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a new iPhone coming out this summer, 100% positive?

Default Is there a new iPhone coming out this summer, 100% positive?
    I put up my iPhone [3G 16gig] on craigslist just for the hell of it, not expecting any interest for it at all. Original plan was to sell it like a week in advance of the new iPhone release for the fair amount of what the new one would be, that way I won't be going without an iPhone for much time. Well this lady offered me $720 for it, which is including the AppleCare warranty I bought for it July 11th and haven't yet activated. $720, I shouldn't turn that down should I?

If the deal is legit, then don't turn it down.
    ================================================

================================================

Thanks

yeah i would definitely go ahead with it, but yeah as elementvdz said, just make sure the deal is all good though

I did title it as new though, seeing how I'm going to go to Apple and get my current one replaced leaving the elastic over the glass. But cool, never really dealt with craigslist before - I'm guessing I should probably meet up in a public place such as a mall or something?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

Also, take at least one other person with you when you go to do the transaction.... someone named Guido. j/k

Thanks

This isn't gonna have a happy ending....
    To live, you have to lie

Alright some other guy put up $730 for it, but he said he would prefer to pay me through paypal - would this be more trust able?

EDIT: Actually I'm not too sure about paypal anymore, I'd be getting stripped of 21 bucks due to paypals 2.9% transaction fee.
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 2009-05-10 at 05:33 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Get cash... Only do cash through Craigslist.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Does he want you to ship it to Nigeria also?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

crashzilla00 (2009-05-11)

Be very careful. There are scammers all over the place for iphone purchases. They also send you paypal emails but the email is masked. If you do move further with the request from the paypal one, you will get an email stating that the funds have been placed into your account but will be held until you confirm shipping. HAHAHA now look and see where the mail is actually from. BE CAREFUL!

NOOO DO NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA.
    BIGGEST SCAM EVER.

you will get a fake paypal letter in the email. its like a template. it looks legit. then u send it and its gone..

im on craigslist all the time. the best way is to meet up and deal localy with cash. dont take checks, money orders, or wire transfers.

a friend of mine lost over $1000 falling for a nigeria scam.

Thanks

I would never sell or buy anything from Craig list unless I was going to meet them in person in a public place. There are way too many scams online and I used to trust PayPal but after hearing a few stories I don't know anymore.
    Anyway Good Luck!

go for it, for 720 (in the usa) you can buy like 3 3g's if the next one doesnt come out, its not 100% positive it will but it is very unprobablr it wont.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Does he want you to ship it to Nigeria also?
    lol this made me laugh...
    its sad but so true

Quote Originally Posted by alek View Post
    go for it, for 720 (in the usa) you can buy like 3 3g's if the next one doesnt come out, its not 100% positive it will but it is very unprobablr it wont.

i guess ur failing to realize that were explaining that its a scam? he wont get $720. he will lose his phone if anything. and money for shipping.

I could never understand how such an unreliable-looking service like craigslist could be so popular. It's a huge classified ad page with no payment system, proprietary or otherwise, and often you have to meet the buyer/seller in person, which seems kinda dangerous in my opinion. Why not go with eBay? At least PayPal covers you 100% if it turns out to be a scammer or non-payer.

lmfao, yeah it was from 'Nigeria'. It's funny as hell, because the guy asked for my paypal email, I didn't give it to him yet - and then I got some paypal confirmation emails saying that he sent some funds, but the email address I put on craigslist isn't the same as my paypal's email address. I don't understand how anyone would fall for that though, get the confirmation emails and send it without actually logging into their paypal account to see the transaction.

Now there is this other lady, and this is what she said - does this seem reliable?

Thanks alot for your response...Am shipping the iphone to new york so what is the shipping cost to new york and get back to me with your Full Name and address and your mobile phone number so that i can mail out the payment asap,
    Parris

I would still be careful about ever shipping anything. I would ask her to of course send payment first, and while risky, I would ask for it in cash. Have it sent via FedEx or something to insure that the cash isn't stolen in the mail, etc.

Money Orders, Checks, or any other method of payment will probably be fake.

The fact that her response wasn't worded very well also makes me weary of the deal. For some reason, scammers aren't very good at making themselves look realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by tonester1 View Post
    i guess ur failing to realize that were explaining that its a scam? he wont get $720. he will lose his phone if anything. and money for shipping.
    i dont see why this has to be a scam. It might and if it is to nigeria then it probably is. But if its like face to face then it probably isn't.

People are willing to pay the full price if they are arragont, or just need something bad. Last year when i was in Poland i sold my 2g for like 2000zpl = about $800

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Face to face, cash only!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast