Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: custom new SMS/email alert?

Default custom new SMS/email alert?
    is it possible to change the sound that is heard when you get a text message and new email for e.g. put a custom sound and use that as a message alert?

Thanks

yup sure is, you can use winterboard to do this, or ToneFxs, which is probably the easiest. You can change it all within the app (from cydia), and then create extra tones on your computer and then the program sends them to your phone for use .

if you would like to have different sms tones for different contacts, click on the QuickSMS link in my signature

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

number14 (2009-05-10)

is there a way of manually doing this via SSH? where do they go? you have to pay after 5 days i see for ToneFX

Yeah I use winscp. Just go to your root folder. /System/Library/Audio/UI Sounds

The files are called sms-received1.caf, sms-received2.caf, etc.
    I use switch to convert my mp3's to .aiff's and then I just change the extension to .caf

Don't forget to backup the sms-received files that way if you ever want to revert back to the original ones you have them there.
    Last edited by DL944812627; 2009-05-10 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

you can convert all your music files to .aiff in iTunes, then all you have to do is simply replace the .aiff extension with .caf