Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot connect to Youtube

Question Cannot connect to Youtube
    I have an iPhone that was activated trough the PAS server from DVD Jon (http://nanocr.eu/2007/07/03/iphone-without-att) and everything, except for calling, just works great. But I have one 'bug': YouTube doesn't connect. It says: cannot connect to youtube. It does connect to youtube in Safari and all the other apps (Google maps, stocks, mail) work fine. Does anybody know what that may be?

it's a downfall you get from using the PAS from DVDJon. Hopefully there will be fix for this soon. FYI: This just in, unlocking is well underway

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kfernandes29 For This Useful Post:

DutchIphone (2007-07-06)

I have the same problem--can't connect to Youtube, anybody knows how to solve this problem?
    Jason

If you used the dvd john method there is no fix.

I used "iphoneunlocktoolkit", but I still can't connect to Youtube!!!!!!

Somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2007-07-17 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Yep, I'm guessing its based on the same process DVD Jon used. Thats gonna ruin your YouTube access...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

that sucks

ok i figured out how to make youtube work ill try to give out simple instructions first jailbreak phone 2.download a program called ibrickr 3. download the 3 files 1. data_ark.plist, device_private_key.pem 2. device_public_key.pem 3. data_ark.plist these files can be found at a site called http://windows-mobiles.com/ ok now ur gonna go into ibricker and go to /var/root/Library/Lockdown delete the 3 files that sound like the ones i just mentioned and replace them with the ones u just downloaded. restart phone and youtube works. took me a while to find this so hope it helps
    Last edited by eg7737; 2007-09-06 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eg7737 For This Useful Post:

whizkid (2007-09-11)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Question iActivator
    I used iActivator.. does that use the DVD Jon method?

ruin? u mean permanently or can you restore the phone and try again?

If you unlock the phone via the geohot method does your phone still require the activation hack?

can anyone confirm that eg7737's method works?

his method did not work for me.

I just tried this method http://limitededitioniphone.com/yout...-steps-to-fix/ and my 1.1.2 OTB youtube works again.

where do i get ibrickr from?, i can't find it in the installer!

His method does work, one thing though you have to go into activation records, and delete the files that you see there!! long numbers....