Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is selling iPhone Dev UDID registrations legal per Apple's license agreement?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Question Is selling iPhone Dev UDID registrations legal per Apple's license agreement?
    Hello

As the question states, if I become an Apple iPhone Developer (the one for $99 from Apple's website), is it legal (per Apple's licensing agreement) to sell iPhone UDID Registration slots so that others can use the new firmware 3.0 Beta at a much cheaper cost? I will not be selling the firmware itself, nor giving links to download it, I am talking about the actual act of selling one of my 100 (I think it is) slots to others?

Thanks a lot, and I hope my question isn't too confusing

-Adam

I don't think it's written in the Apple license agreement that you cannot sell slots.
    By the way if you could register me, if you do it, would be nice. Cause I'm going to move to another house and need tether!!!

Pretty unethical id say. There is a website somewhere that sells them for $10 and it adds your UUID instantly/automatically.

Thanks

It's legal, why, cause that's how beta apps get tested. The debs need these slots for beta testers. Consider yourself a beta tester.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    It's legal, why, cause that's how beta apps get tested. The debs need these slots for beta testers. Consider yourself a beta tester.

I know that is legal, but I am asking whether actually selling the slots is legal. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bliss-91 View Post
    I don't think it's written in the Apple license agreement that you cannot sell slots.
    By the way if you could register me, if you do it, would be nice. Cause I'm going to move to another house and need tether!!!
    Thanks, I just need someone who has read the license agreement themselves could verify it. I really don't want to get in trouble doing this, so if it is against the agreement, I will not do it.
    Last edited by shmootz; 2009-05-07 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost