Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with categories.app

Default Help with categories.app
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but im pretty new and it seemed like the most fitting....

anyway, using cydia and the latest jailbroken firmware (2.2.1? not the beta) i downloaded the categories app so that i could use the inav theme mod. Categories installed with no errors, but there is no icon to "run". if anyone has any idea what i can do, i'd greatly appreciate it. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling. This is the first app that Ive ever had this problem with. Thanks in advance for any help

-Roseysdaddy

Thanks

okay so what your saying is that there is no Categories icon on the springboard?
    -make sure you do not have it hidden with Poof, SBSettings, or BossPrefs (from cydia) which each offer options to hide icons. Also make sure that the icon is not transparent (see through) as some iNav themes could have Categories.app's icon hidden so it is easy to activate the app yet it does not affect the appearance.
    - if this doesn't work, reinstall categories
    -make sure your springboard has enough pages to show more icons
    - if you still cant get it to work, install QuickGold (from cydia) and press the home button while on the home screen, then locate categories and run it.