Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bought an iPhone w/o the phone inside!! From Apple Store!!

Default bought an iPhone w/o the phone inside!! From Apple Store!!
    OPEN THE BOX BEFORE YOU TAKE IT HOME!!!

My father bought me an iPhone and to my dismay, when I opened it.. this is what I saw

This is outrageous!!!
    Since I'm out of the country right now, I've just called and emailed the photo to the store manager.

So.. to everyone buying an iPhone, open the box to check it first, even at a Apple Store!

Hmmm I dont know about this. Something seems out of place. 1.) No clear plastic holder where iPhone should be sitting. 2.) Charger looks like just a regular 9v adapter. 3.)No dock, No USB, No Headphones. Either Apple is getting monkeys to package their phones or your just trying to pull a fast one.

That's correct, nothing but the broken charger inside.

Could also be someone who bought it, stolen it, resealed it, and returned it. Or some dirty hand working at the store is also possible. Not wanting to accuse anyone, and will be glad to have police come take finger print and invistigate this. This really just blew my mind away when I opened it.

I have also given the Apple Store the phone serial and asked them to lock the missing phone for good if possible.

I have arranged to meet with the store manager when I get back to the States in April to see what we can do in this difficult situation, and posted more blog entries elsewhere to prevent this from happening to anyone else. I'm still shocked that something like this could happen. Can you even imagine??

Meanwhile.. I will be buying another iPhone locally in Asia at a premium price... This time I will make sure to open and check right at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by spdemon View Post
    I have arranged to meet with the store manager when I get back to the States in April to see what we can do in this difficult situation, and posted more blog entries elsewhere to prevent this from happening to anyone else. I'm still shocked that something like this could happen. Can you even imagine??

Meanwhile.. I will be buying another iPhone locally in Asia at a premium price... This time I will make sure to open and check right at the store.
    apple wont honor your warranty on a phone bought out of the us

IMEI can be canned from AT& T service and apple can infact track store down by IMEI and serial and verify from your receipt.

And if in fact same IMEI/Serial box was purchased and resold twice via a return.

All can be done without a store visit, except to proove yo have a receipt with serial # and store # which can be scanned/faxed in for them to investigate before you get back to states.

Also be4 i waste anymore time on this, seems like a SCAM, as if happened for real and to anyone they woudl be on phone 24/7 trying to get settled rather than wait 1 month